Friday, January 19, 2018

10 minutes a day.....

Chookyblue set a goal for 10 minutes a day of sewing to work through projects..... Since I sew almost all day every day I thought it was a bit indulgent for me! haha.... 

During the day I do 'work quilting' (except for my scheduled group sewing times) and at night I do my own hand work whilst watching TV, chatting and even during Facetime calls to family..... (I put it down to having been a smoker and needing something to do with my hands!)

So that is why another 10 minutes of sewing time seems indulgent.... and then I realised this is the time I can set aside just for my UFO's - or other machine sewing of my own...

This last week the time has been spent finishing up using my beach huts blocks (well there are a few left)

I now have a bath mat and two tray mats (binding was machine sewed down so nice and quick) - I even used some huts on the backs -


Scrappy projects done and 3 more UFO finishes!


This next week I am going to use my time to work on my tea cups and pots....


here they are all trimmed and waiting for peepers to be added....



Meanwhile I have finished the January block for Holly Cottage (Michelle Ridgway design) Stitch-a-long.... you can see other peoples versions HERE....


... and I have put these one's into their row.....


Only one more block left for this - then time to put it all together!!!


By the way Sandi, who hosts the No Fuss Stitch-a-long has a new blog and is doing a give away with the most delightful needlebooks and pincushions....  Personally I don't want any body else to put their name in the hat but in the spirit of kindness the post is HERE....  they really are exquisite and perfect for popping into the 'pick up and go' project bag....

Righto, Gotto Go... off to work on those peepers before I start my work quilting for the day .....


27 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh what a great idea this 10m is....I think I will have to give it a go!

Deb R said...

I'm going to try and get my 10 mins too...struggling this morning, maybe this afternoon... love your bath mat and tray ideas!

Jennifer said...

Well......I've never smoked in my life, but I still need something to occupy my hands and 10 minutes is not indulgent. It's for the good of one's mental health. I love your little houses, they have turned out so well, and look forward to seeing more projects as they are done.

Helen said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the teapots and tea cup blocks.....they are so pretty. Ten mins isn't much but it certainly helps to get those projects done. Grwat idea from chooky. Love the houses as well.

kiwikid said...

The 10 mins a day is working really well! Love the beach huts, they look so good. Great you are getting finishes....looking forward to the progress on the tea cups and pots.

Susan said...

What an excuse to sew - only 10 minutes of indulgence! Loving the tea cups, and beach houses.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I do love your teacups! You have used uour beach huts beautifully too. Holly Cottage is looking wonderful. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by with it xx

marina said...

Love all your beach hut projects, great wa6 to use them up.
Can’t wait to see your teacups and teapots come together, they are so pretty!
What great progress on your Christmas blocks.
Ufo’s Will be flying off your list.
I’m hoping to work on only one big project this year and get more quilting done and maybe even some blogging?

Jeanette said...

Love what you made with the cute beach houses. Can't wait to see what you do with the teacups/ teapots. Holly Cottage looks wonderful. Hugs, xx

Maria said...

Such cute teacups... the beach houses look great as a bath mat and tray cloths...

Lin said...

Great use of your spare beach huts and Holly Cottage is coming along nicely. I hope you win a needlecase and pincushion! xx

Sharm said...

Great idea for the bath mat and those tea cups are very cute!!!

Sue SA said...

Love your little houses as mats, so colourful and fun.

barbara woods said...

i sew all afternoon , nearly all day

KatieQ said...

I love that you turned your little bath house blocks into a bath mat. That's such a clever ide.

Cheryll said...

WOW... you are one busy quilter. Love the beach house leftovers... so clever...xox

Barb said...

Oh...............I am drooling over your mats.....

Louise said...

I never thought to make a quilted bath mat! Your beach huts will add a very cheerful touch to your bath room. We're having our shower remodeled this week and I think I need a new mat to celebrate. Did you use batting, or perhaps terry cloth on yours?

Jane said...

those beach huts are going to be everywhere! Great way to get things finished

Karen S said...

Great way to use your 10 minutes. Love the end results with the beach houses. Did you put a different wadding into the bath mat? I am wondering if an old towel would work, too.
Looks like you are well ahead with your plans for next week too.
And the Holly cottage blocks look good in their row.
You are zooming along.

Chantal said...

Those beach huts make such wonderful tray mats. They are scrappy, bright and so cheerful. Anyone who eats on these mats will have an excellent meal for sure. Love the idea of 10 minutes a day. I could do some hand quilting on the Ohio Star quilt. It is so neglected lately. Love your version of Holly Cottage. Adorable. ;^)

Allie-oops Designs said...

I'm trying to find at least 30 minutes a day to stitch - hard when you like to read so much, and you can't get the books you want on audio! LOL! Oh Fiona I love your beach hut projects so much, they are just SUPER. The tea cups and Holly Cottage are both gorgeous as well. You work on the prettiest things!!!

Pidgeon Patch said...

I just love your little houses.... they are now everywhere and they do look great... and also great to see the Holly Cottage coming together so nicely...

WoolenSails said...

Those are all wonderful pieces. I make goals, but never stick to them, lol.

Debbie

Janice said...

Well done to use so many beach huts. They look great. I’m looking forward to seeing you tea cups progress.

KaHolly said...

I’m having back issues, so ten minutes at a time is all I can Sew. Slow and easy wins the race!

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad the ten mins is working for you to...... It's been great for me.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>