Monday, June 15, 2015

Postcards and things....

I recently took part in a postcard swap hosted by Sheila...... the theme being Summer/Beach

This time I swapped with Joanna from Massachusetts, USA

This is the postcard I received:....



I just love all the detail... do you see the footprints coming out the water?....

I took a bit of artistic licence with mine.... and turned a foundation pieced block into an interpretation of a swirly sand beach .....



I had prepared a whole bunch of mouse string bags from my scraps and finally have them finished.... 


I've kept one for my sewing room.... one needs a mouse in the sewing room????  The rest have gone into the giftie box....


I have been trying out a few new low calorie recipes ... this one was a great success and of course nice and easy and quick to do....


I didn't have all the ingredients in THIS recipe (I've found a few recipes I like on this blog), so put in what veges I had... and I left out the sugar in the marinade and ate it on some brown rice with a side salad...  the leftovers were lovely cold the next day too.


Righto, Gotto Go....  it's that time of day when the apron gets donned and I search for food!!!

22 comments:

Googy Girl said...

Your postcards look amazing. Just love your mouse bags they are super cute. I love trying out new recipes. Although I prefer baking and since I am trying to shed some weight I have nt been doing a lot of that lately

marina said...

lovely postcard sent and received. very cute mouse bags...

KaHolly said...

Sweet postcards! Love those Mouse String Bags. What a novel idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona love the postcards,what fun. Oh those mice bags are so cute,that meal looks so yummy,enjoy your evening my friend xx

KERYN B said...

Nice postcards, really sweet mouse bag.....

Cheryl said...

Love your little mousey bags Fiona, and how beautiful are those two postcards

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very cute mouseys. Nice postcards too

Maria said...

Both postcards are lovely.like the interpretation of yours..
Cute Mousey bags.

sunny said...

Great postcards! And I love your little mouse bags. Do they have a specific purpose, or just to be cute?

Jeanette said...

Lovely postcard. Love those mouse bags - so very cute. Hugs,xx

Jennifer said...

One of these days I may dip my toes in the water and join the postcard swap! Cute mousie bags,and very useful too. Looks like a good recipe......my try-out recipe this week has been chocolate milk fruit cake, I can certainly recommend it.

Christine M said...

Great postcards, Fiona. I love your little mouse bags. What a cute idea.

Raewyn said...

The recipe sounds delicious, Fiona. The mice are so cute and very fun! Love the cute postcards too...always neat to see the ideas that everyone comes up with!

kiwikid said...

The postcards are lovely as are the mouse bags...so cute!!

Sheila said...

Lovely postcards both recieved and sent ! Cute little mouse bags :-) yummy , that looks so good .

Yvonne W said...

The mice are so cute-- and the dish looks yummy!

Jane said...

what great postcards, and I just love those mice, they're so sweet

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Loving all your goodies 😃😃

Cheryll said...

oh WoW... I love those "meces" to pieces...
Well done and so much FuN to have hanging about! xox

Karen S said...

Lovely fun with the postcards. They make me want Summer to come back quickly.
The mouse bags are so cute. They are the only sort to have in your sewing room!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Ooh LOVE the postcards, sent and received!!! Gosh Fiona how small is that block in yours??? It's perfect! Your little mousies are darling!

Lin said...

Lovely cards Fiona. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>