Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Quilting......

So the Hello World blocks have been quilted....

the fabrics are delicious so I did a gentle all over design .....  it's hard to do large bold designs on the domestic machine but I didn't want to do something too tight .... these loops are about the largest I can successfully manoevre my hands to keep the curves curvey.....


... it's a bit like a swirl with a single feather....


I found this video tutorial by APQS which helped me learn this one HERE
(though my curves are not so curvy! - story of my life!)

... stitch in the ditch around the narrow green border...


and a soft feathery edge around the border.....


It's quite a loose design... the quilt is soft and cuddly  .. will be lovely for a young someone to wrap themselves in....

(An elder sister needs a big bed quilt)

I wanted it to have the quilted feel and crinkle look but not take anything from the fabrics


ON ANOTHER MATTER

word verification has been playing tricks ....


... how on earth are you supposed to get these... I don't think robots or non robots can do them


 Righto, Gotto Go... you know what I need to be doing now.....



26 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's really cute! It will be snuggly, because the amount of quilting is Just Right.

Jeanette said...

Love the quilting. Looks great. So over those word verification thingies. Hugs,xx

WoolenSails said...

I love how the quilting looks on those fabrics, just the right touch to enhance the designs. I know, some are like blurs but I learned if you tilt your head to one side, you can see them better, lol.

Debbie

Karen said...

Don't you just love quilts after washing and the vintage look that they develop? Your quilting is lovely!

Cheryll said...

Snuggly, cuddly...and sweet!
The new owner will LoVe it! Wonderful quilting on it too. :)

Raewyn said...

This is lovely Fiona, I'm sure it will be well loved. That hook feather is a handy design to know - thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

wow Fiona you are always amazing me my friend,its looking awesome,you are so clever,yes word verification has been very tricky of late,enjoy your day my friend,xx

Chantal said...

Charming little darling is what comes to my mind when I look at your quilt. I did some machine quilting, as you know, and I have a whole lot more appreciation for your work!! I've always found your work so elegant consistent. Now I am simply bowled over! You make it look so easy. Love you for that.

Cath said...

Looks beautiful! Thanks for that link, I have not come across a meander like that before. The feather in the border is gorgeous. I wish I could master that one.

Christine said...

That's a lovely quilting design. Perfect for the fabric and cuddliness.

KERYN B said...

As always stunning quilting...you really are very talented..

Helen said...

Just gorgeous , your quilting is amazing !

Sue SA said...

So agree about the word verification, I had about 2 second to see the numbers on one recently, it was impossible, so I didnt comment in the end. Love your quilting!

Jane said...

It never ceases to amaze me at what you accomplish with your machine, it's lovely. Happy binding

marina said...

gorgeous! love the quilting you have done on the quilt.
well done.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

more amazing quilting...

Lyn said...

Fabulous quilting..a quilt to treasure..and I am with you on the word verification thing..too hard to work out what they are

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Fiona, and such beautiful quilting

Maria said...

Lovely soft quilting...

Mistea said...

Pretty quilting for a lovely quilt.
Lucky little person.

Rosie said...

Gorgeous quilting, love those beautiful curves. I found word verification frustrating as I thought it was just me who couldn't see the words - nice to know it not just me.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

It's lovely Fiona...would love to be able to quilt like that!

Chris H said...

Do you free hand the quilting stitch? Or what/how do you do it? Word verification sucks!

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks wonderful, Fiona.

Karen said...

Beautiful work, Fiona. Great choice of quilting for these lovely fabrics.
Good luck with finishing the bindings.
Apologies for the late comment - computer hiccups again.

Jo said...

I love seeing the photos of the backs of quilts to see the quilting designs

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>