Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Moose....

Have you seen Toni's fabulous new quilt - Northern Exposure?


I am so grateful to have been allowed to play with it.....

Firstly I went in the ditch round the main blocks to secure it all... then I went carefully around the applique so that the wonderful pictures would be pronounced....


some loose loops and leaves in the background (I picked up the leaf shape in the purple fabric)


... and some gentle curves around the flying geese


 .... I wanted to do enough quilting to make the design stand out (and hold it all together!)  but not take your eyes away from the lovely colours and shapes....

.... rather fun looking at it from the back too..... can play a guessing game on which moose it is....


There is a very cute Maurice the Moose softie also

Thanks Toni.....  I love your designs ....

At the moment Toni is searching for some pattern testers and sample makers... I have signed up (I do love her patterns and am an sewing addict)  and if you are interested read her blog post HERE

(link to Toni's shop is HERE)

P.S. When I first got the top to start quilting I was thinking Moose = Canada= Maple leaves so I doodled a bit with those ....


... I thought my maple leaves looked more like a special herb!!!!

Righto, Gotto Go.... I am going to be playing with a quilt top I finished ages ago...  this is Anni Downs "Boys Story" and I have some warm robot flannelette for the backing.....


.... what are you up to? ....

26 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is such a fun quilt and would be fun to do, love how it came out.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona,oh this is a lovely quilt,the mooses are so cute and you have done a wonderful job my friend,and i hope you have an awesome day my friend.xx

sunny said...

Oh. How. Cute! I love moosies, and this is adorable. Thanks for sharing how you did the quilting. Great job.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a lovely quilt and I love your quilting too.

Cheryll said...

Having lived in Canada...I just LoVe moose...& this pattern is a real cutie! Well done! :)

Elyte said...

What a fun quilt and your quilting finishes it off beautifully.

Chantal said...

Love this quilt!! The colours are so warm and inviting and you did a great job with the quilting. The moose with glasses is killing me. Soooo adorable. What do you mean moose makes you think of Canada eh? ;^) LOL.
The robot quilt is cute too. Can't wait to see you work your magic on this one. Happy sewing.

Susan said...

fabulous - just the right amount of quilting...

Jennifer said...

What a fun quilt - those moose are much prettier than in real life!

Jane said...

That looks so much fun :)

Jeneta said...

Beautiful! I had a lovely chuckle at your special herb doodling. So funny!

Sheila said...

How cute and your quilting looks great , I think her designs are so much fun ! Hugs Sheila

Chrissie said...

A lovely quilt, great fun, what a good idea to join as a tester and get to enjoy different projects. I did smile at your special herb doodles. Me? I'm still in baby mode, finished the quilt, must put up a post! and now 3/4 of the way through a crochet ripple cot blanket xcx

Cheryl said...

Love the quilt and love the moose/s. Lovely quilting too as always Fiona

KaHolly said...

Fiona, this is just too cute. It has such character, emphasized by your thoughtful quilting to finish it up!

Karen said...

I did see the moose quilt and loved the design and loved your quilting on it. Lovely work!

Wendy said...

so you've started customer quilting? You've done a fab job, it looks great

Barb said...

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinking cute!!

Rosie said...

Love it! Too cute!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Such a fun cute quilt...the quilting is so good...you cleaver thing you!!

Sue SA said...

Super cute and fun! I love kids quilts. I am sure you could goggle maple leaf quilting patterns, fairly confident the Canadians will be keen to share!

Chris H said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Narelle said...

Toni's designs are always so cute and your quilting is wonderful! :)

Raewyn said...

What a gorgeous quilt, Toni's designs are lovely! It's great to see what the quilting you have done, it looks great!

marina said...

love all the moose(s)
A great quilt and lots of great quilting too
so great to see your boys story out again and making it to the quilting stage.
the backing fabric looks perfect

Sisbabestitches said...

I love the extra game of guess the moose, from the back, lol. Such lovely quilting. Perhaps one day a quilt will come into your hands which those "special herbs" will be just perfect for ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>