Monday, June 2, 2014

All sorts... but not licorice ones.....

Take a look to your left


... and take a look to your right....


Even baby elephants should watch where they are going

my 12 little stitcheries are done and I have cut the blues for piecing the blocks...


Michelle sent a couple more Christmas stitcheries (thanks my friend) so I have had the opportunity to try out the Thread Heaven on the metallic thread.... AMAZINGLY better.....

Hubz and I are both so much happier.... me because it is much more stress free.... and him as he doesn't have to evade flying objects (especially sharp ones) flying from frustration!!


Thank you Annette.... (you could add marriage saver to your CV now!!)

A little while ago I made up this shop sample for The Quilters Angel......  just beautiful flannellette, gorgeous colours and gorgeous quality flannel.... this pattern is called chocolate box.... 


you can see more of the range and a better picture of the quilt HERE
(I took this one before I had sewn down the circles)

Marion very kindly gave me the 'scraps' so today I sat and had a play with them.... There was enough to cut into pieces and make a couple of scarves....  these are the front sections and I will buy a bit to back them and make some edging.... Oh dear... I HAVE to go to my favourite fabric shop ....


(one if for a grown up and one is for a still growing person)

Yes, it is now winter here .... the leaves are yellowing, the sky is blue, the sun is shining... but we do get jolly cold too.... I love the different seasons.....


Whilst Mr Postie was riding around in the sunshine today he dropped off a package in my postbox....

I won a pincushion giveaway at Susan's place.... isn't it beautiful and adorable...  thank you so much Susan.... I loooooove it.....


It has joined some wonderful company in my small things bag for when I go to sewing with friends....  it's a perfect size, small enough to be mini but big enough that the pins in sideways don't have the sharp ends sticking out


... there is the scissor keep made by Shez, the scissor fob from Christine, the thimble bag from Michelle, a thread catcher from someone I don't know the name of (oh that is terrible I hope she doesn't read my blog) and the little needlecase and bag I made from a kit from Debbie.  I love them all

Righto, Gotto Go... I'm going to try a new banana bread recipe.... since my banana's got overripe!  I wish I had some licorice allsorts here....

26 comments:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

So much loveliness....and boy have you been busy.

Lin said...

What a pretty bag of things. xx

Cheryl said...

Lovely win from Susan, Fiona and that sewing bag is full of lovely memories and special things. Love your elephant stitcheries

WoolenSails said...

I enjoy stitchery, it is relaxing at night and easy project while we watch tv on weekends. I use pineapple in my banana bread, like the taste better.

Debbie

Wendy said...

What's wrong with liquorice? ? Love the cute little hefalumps. Thread heaven is the best stuff ever!

Sheila said...

Always enjoy reading your posts and see what loveliness you are up to and you never disappoint . Great work as always :-) I will have to remember to use the thread heaven next time I use metallic , thanks for that tip .
Hugs Sheila

Christine M said...

I just love your little elephants, Fiona. Can't wait to see the quilt all together.

Helen said...

So many love projects, great win from Susan :)

Jeanette said...

Lots of loveliness to look at. Love those cute little elephants. Hugs,xx

Susan said...

those elephants are so cute - love the fabrics that are going to be added to them. Glad the thread heaven helps - Congratulations on the win - what a lovely bunch of treasures.....a pincushion was almost a necessity!

Joy McD said...

Lovely allsorts! Much better than the licorice type :) LOVE those elephants - they are soooo cute!!! xxx

Susan said...

Those little elephants are so cute. Love the blue fabrics, they are very nice. I am happy to add to your pincushion collection, it looks right at home there.

Christine said...

I love your scarves!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona,i love your little elephants they are so cute and Michelle's designs are grgeous and love the pin cushion you won so very cute,i hope you have an awesome day my friend.xx

Elyte said...

I have that little elephant pattern sitting and waiting for some future attention. Lots of lovely sewing happening at your house. Congratulations on being the winner of Susan's lovely little pincushion. An enviable assortment of travelling sewing tools that you have.

Elyte said...

I have that little elephant pattern sitting and waiting for some future attention. Lots of lovely sewing happening at your house. Congratulations on being the winner of Susan's lovely little pincushion. An enviable assortment of travelling sewing tools that you have.

Cath said...

Oh I love that little elephant quilt. I have the pattern but no inclination to make it YET! I love yours in blues (much nicer than the animal print of the original.)

Chantal said...

It is a very good post ... even though there was no licorice! LOL! I too love the fabric you've picked for the elephants quilt. It is just lovely! Also happy to hear your marriage is safe now. Enjoy your stitching time :)

Jane said...

Oh, oh, oh, those elephants are gorgeous! And I love the blue fabric.

debbie said...

I've used Thread Heaven for many years...it puts DMC right in it's place too LOL. Now I am craving all sorts...and it will be a long night without them xx debbie

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A lovely and busy post Fiona...congratulations on your pincushion win!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A lovely and busy post Fiona...congratulations on your pincushion win!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Where do I start...love all your projects, you are such an inspiration....Lucky you winning the key fob from Susan....

Josie said...

Great post Fiona... chock-a-block with great projects. Those little elephants are super cute and the fabric you chose for them is beautiful. Chocolate box is lovely and your idea of making warm scarves with the scraps is inspired. How nice to HAVE to go to your favourite quilt shop. Lucky you winning that gorgeous pin cushion from Susan to join the other wonderful gifts you received in your little bag. Hugs.....

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh my those elephants are so darn cute...and loving the blues you're putting with them...
Lucky you to win one of Susan's pincushions, it is gorgeous...
Ha ha...you're welcome...right, off to update my CV! *LOL*

Tarnyia said...

Sweet little elephants xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>