Sunday, August 23, 2026

Into the last week of August


This week almost got away from me!

I got my Wensleydale quilt top put together.....  a few hours of taking out the papers whilst listening to an audio book.....



I've done some more of the Christmas stitcheries......



... and this week got back to do a bit more hardanger....


... which included filling in the heart with 'dove's eye'



We were invited by friends who had been given tickets to a Footy Game (Dolphins vs Eels) which included great seats and a special pass....


... so we went down on to the field for 15 minutes whilst the home team (Dolphin) warmed up....

Really was a bit of fun ...... and we had a good win .....



The next day we visited a Botanical Gardens.....  This vine in the 'hot house' was flowering....  just huge and such a vibrant blue colour...



the gardens are beautiful and full of lovely areas ....


... and interesting plants....


The Baobab tree was full of pods.  We remembered as children sucking on the pips which are Cream of Tartar....


So many different shapes and sizes of cacti....


We spotted a couple of curlew in this area... they stand completely still and are well camouflaged.... can you spot them????


We also walked up to the Japanese Garden and Bonsai area... there were lots of lovely bonsai but I did like this Azalea in flower.....


and amongst the bushes this lizard basking on a lizard amused me....


After a picnic lunch in the shade we headed off home.....  A lovely time in the city...

Righto, Gotto Go, I want to sort out what I am going to sew - I still have loads of half done things ....

Have a good week ....x



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>