This week I played a bit with threads....
Meredith Woolnough is a very clever textile artist who I have followed for some time on socials. This last week she offered a free thread bowl course, as a way of introduction into a more detailed course that she runs.
It involves thread scraps and solveable paper .... machine or hand sewing
I did one with thread only, and another with thread and fabric scraps....
It was fun to play and I would love to do her full course but that's not going to happen just yet.
If anyone is interested Meredith is present on social media and has a newsletter. She holds the mini course a couple of times a year I think ... and even if you don't want to do it it's worth looking at the lovely art she does.
Some hand stitching done in the evenings has resulted in 3 more Christmas stitcheries
I've also played in the sewing room, done some quilting, some piecing and some cutting..... really just squirreling between different things......
Another hospital visit for our daughter, which included a break out to watch Widgets last home junior game yesterday. Was so lovely of a committee member standing guard with witches hats so that a prime parking place was kept for us so Missy could sit in the car in her pyjamas and out of the cold... those small kind things that make a big difference.
Righto, Gotto Go....... the floor really needs mopping!
Have a wonderful week....x

No comments:
Post a Comment