Friday, September 6, 2024

Beginning of September....

Well, last week it was winter and summer and now we have gone to Spring.... that's what it felt like anyway.... 

Trees are greening up, flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing and birds are doing their Spring thing....   my most favourite time of the year....

I do love our Wisteria growing along the fence....


... the bees love it too and the scent spreads all over the garden....


I think this is a bottle brush variety.... flowers at the stems and is the only plant to draw in a little honey eater into the yard.


The prunus was full of soft pink flowers, then the wind blew and it looked like confetti...


I sewed a few more hexagons together.... this is the width of it now.  I will add half hexagons to the top to straighten.  Lots more rows down to do....


This months UFO is my Scrappy Houses.....  I never did more that these 8 in last years colour challenge...


So this week I made a brown house and found cream scraps for sashing and coloured for the cornerstones...

Happy with this made completely out of the scrap baskets...


The backing and wadding is left overs from previous quilts too - I did join the backing.  I found a half metre of bright flowers to use for the binding....  off to the Quilting Queue....


On Thursday at Embroidery Guild I stitched another little block Sashiko style...  that's #66 out of 365.  I really need to start focussing on this one soon.  The plan was one a day not a fortnight!


Knitting in the evening has resulted in another knitted cowl, soft pink.
That is the end of the lovely marino wool I had...


I got on and crocheted some more blocks for KOGO.  I want to get 48 of these so a blanket can be made with the two colours..... Half have the red centre and half with the fawn colour....  most of them are done.


Here is the cowl round my neck.... all garter stitch.


And that is my start to Spring crafting..... the nights have been cool and it's been lovely to sit and knit or crochet, sometimes with a cat on my lap!

Righto, Gotto Go - time for a cuppa....

Hope you have a lovely week.... xx




11 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of beautiful blooms in your Spring garden. The one you think is a Bottle brush looks like one we call an Albany Wooly Bush!
The pink cowl looks lovely and you’re make good progress with those FJ hexies.
Great use of the brown and neutrals to finish of the RSC houses . Always great to use up scraps .
Nice pile of crocheted KOGO blocks.

Julie said...

Your garden is looking so pretty Fiona - my wisteria is not in bloom yet, nor are our blossoms. You must be so much further ahead than us here. I love all your works in progress & that cowl looks so soft & gorgeous 💕 xx

Lin said...

Always lovely to see the fresh flowers of spring, I do love Wisteria. Field Journal is looking good and I like how you finished off the houses. Pretty cowl.
We have had a dry summer, although not hot, but seem to be getting all our rain in one go at the moment! xx

Jennifer said...

Wisteria is blooming here too, and jasmine....achoo......love your bright houses! Might be a bit warm for the cowl, but cooler weather will come again.

loulee said...

Isn't it lovely to see the garden springing back to life. You have been busy as always. Those houses look cute.

Chantal said...

I love seeing your wisteria tree. It is so pretty. Unfortunately, it wouldn't survive our winters. :^( I remember the house project. Happy to see it again and that it is now done. Well, waiting in line to be quilted is almost done, right? I also love where the hexagon project is heading. It will be so amazing with all the little stitcheries. The best thing about it is that you won't have to quilt it once it is assembled. :^D The wool of the cowl looks so soft, sooooooooo soft. It must be a delight to have it around your neck. Lovely! Enjoy the crochet. ;^)

Karen's Korner said...

Spring has sprung in your garden...so pretty. You have "built" some lovely houses.

kiwikid said...

The wisteria is beautiful Fiona, ours is in full bloom too and smells wonderful. I picked a big bunch of freesias down near the beach today while wandering, love their smell too. Wonderful blocks, houses and crochet. The cowl will be beautifully warm.

Janice said...

Your wisteria is looking beautiful. Ours is only just starting to bud up. The cowl looks so lovely and soft. I do like your houses. You must be pleased to finally have them all done. Enjoy playing with your hexies and Sashiko.

Susan said...

After ht blat of Summer - the weather is quite pleasant now.
The garden is gorgeous, and the cowl looks lovely...just need cool weather again. .LOL
the houses were a great RSC project...good to finish to off!

Karen S said...

Your wisteria looks beautiful. I can imagine the perfume from it. I only wish the blooms lasted longer.
Lovely to see your hexagons coming together so nicely.
The houses have turned out well. Worth doing that last one to get a collection to use.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>