Friday, July 19, 2024

3rd week of July


This week has seen me make a start on putting together the blocks of the Asian inspired fabrics

There are 9 of these to make ....


One more sashiko style block was sewn... a little fiddly and rather messy ...


A start on the framed hexagons to join up the Field Journal blocks....


... and of course blocks of crochet gently continue....


I have signed up to a local lady doing dressmaking..... inspired by watching The Great British Sewing Bee.  I used to make quite a lot especially when my children were young.  However lost my confidence and lost my shape that fits into anything.  April helps make a pattern to fit.  Not sure I need another sewing hobby but I fancy it.

Righto, Gotto Go.... I'll get a couple more of those blocks together this afternoon...

Have a lovely weekend...x


13 comments:

Lin said...

Your framed fabrics are looking good - gorgeous pieces. I like you sashiko - are you working on double fabric or single? xx

Jennifer said...

Well done, Fiona.....I used to make nearly all my clothes but the changing shape that comes with age has made it difficult to get good fitting patterns, so I sympathise.

Jeanna said...

Those are some nice projects, Fiona. I look forward to seeing your garment sewing.

Julie said...

Wonderful projects for sure Fiona - yes I'll bet that crochet is gentle work. Good on you for taking on the sewing classes - our local shop runs something very similar & I am tossing up regarding joining but I am just not quite sure yet that my brain (foggy mind) is ready for anything else jammed into it. 😉😉

Karen's Korner said...

Another productive week in the sewing room. Looking forward to seeing your dressmaking skills develop.

Chantal said...

That Sashiko block looks very hard to master. Don't be too hard on yourself because I think you did great. The Asian project looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing it grow. I would love to make dresses again. But like most of the comments here, the curves of my hourglass shape have shifted somewhat, lol. Enjoy the course and the new friends you will find there. ;^)

Maria said...

Another busy week .
Of course you need a new venture, enjoy.

loulee said...

Lots going on as always. That sashiko block looks great and I think a lot less involved than the pieced block.

WoolenSails said...

I like the gray frame around the blocks, really sets off the colors and patterns. I have so much quilting to get to, but harder with the humid weather we are having. Easier to work on smaller projects in the summer.

Debbie

Janice said...

Another productive week. Have fun with your dressmaking. We discovered Great British Sewing Bee while in the UK. Even Mick enjoyed it. It does make you want to get back to making some of your own clothes again.

In stitches and seams said...

Oh Fiona, I just love all that you are doing. And why not make a few things to wear. With your may skills I can see you add incorporating them into a garment or two.
In stitches

Barwitzki said...

Fiona, I'm looking forward to your clothing item... I first sewed bags, then clothing and now I've gotten into quilting :-))) it's all fun.

kiwikid said...

Lovely blocks Fiona - if something makes you happy them you should l do it. Enjoy that sewing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>