Thursday, November 30, 2023

End of November

Parties and Presents .....

At the weekend one of the Tuesday stitching girls hosted us for Gingerbread house making and cookie icing....

Here is proof I did my own!


... not the most dainty of houses but I can assure you it will not fall apart..... haha


we had them all in a row with a sprinkling of snow icing sugar...

She was so good and kind - we made a lot of sticky mess in her home.....


We also learnt how to soften the icing and make iced gingerbread cookies....


Of course there was a glass or two to celebrate our efforts.... and lots of yummy snacks - we each got given one of those gorgeous wooden Christmas trees (the man host made them)


Lunch at a pub was an early Christmas lunch for us on Tuesday - no pictures but we were the table having the most fun!  When we ordered we were down as the noisy table!

We also had a meal and pressies with the family here who of course we won't be spending time with these holidays....

we got this lovely Christmas tree made by a local person with disability - I love it and it will be pegged in the garden whilst we are away..


I received this pretty tea cup and saucer.....


I have been knitting..... daughters cat who is temporarily living with us (only 1 year temporary so far) has finally decided he quite likes me.....  he doesn't look at all comfortable...


... anyway I made this twisted headband from a nice chunky yarn which will keep my ears nice and warm....


there are 3 grandiegirls to see, I am hoping they might be interested in some stitching.  I got these mandala panels from The Quilters Angel and cut out 4 of the squares... some 6" hoops and some bright threads from a friend who was cleaning out and needles...


Today I stitched some fabric borders so that they can fit into the hoops a bit easier.  I will take some felt too so that we can make them into hoop pictures....


I also have a bunch of the cookie icing stuff on order to take so we can do those....

I have some promised sewing and quilting for others to do so that is keeping me busy in between parties and shopping....

Righto, Gotto Go.... trip to town to collect tickets today.... and we need a bit of food!



13 comments:

Julie said...

What a wonderful Outing Fiona ... making the gingerbread houses, cookies, that awesome wooden tree & then a Pub Lunch!! Sounds like my idea of The Perfect Day!!!

Janice said...

Good on you for making a ginger bread house. I’d never be game. It sounds like you all had a blast. Your Christmas trip is getting close now. So much to fit in beforehand. Your tree and cup and saucer are lovely.

Lin said...

The gingerbread houses look lovely - great fun. Love the trees too so nice to know they are handmade. The little sewing kits will make nice gifts. xx

Jennifer said...

Well done on the gingerbread house, Fiona....I have never been brave enough to try making one! Love your new tree, it's very stylish. Nice idea about bonding over the stitcheries too.

Maria said...

So fun making those gingerbread houses, I remember when we did them.
Won’t be long now and you’ll be off to visit the family.
Lovely gifts you’ve got for the girls.

Chantal said...

What a fun activity this is. The houses are just lovely, like a little Dicken's village. The iced cookies make me so hungry, lol. It is the season to play with ginger dough. Your cat is perfectly comfy; if he wasn't he would move. You thought of another fun activity to do with the girls. Kudos to you. ;^)

Karen's Korner said...

What a fun afternoon and lovely souvenirs to go home with. Take off time is getting closer.

Jeanette said...

Love the little wooden trees, they are cute. Lovely crafting ideas to do with the grandiegirls. The furbaby looks very comfy. :)

Susan said...

Love the pic of you making the house - I imagine a fun day was had by all. Clever to take some projects with you for the grand girls.. your departure date must be getting close! Love the wooden trees - both types.

WoolenSails said...

Your party sounds so fun and you did a wonderful job on your house. I cannot even get one to stay together, never mind, decorating it. I like your headband, a simple design that would be a fun beginner project.

Debbie

Ondrea said...

Those Sashiko blocks look fun. Love your gingerbread house, they all look lovely. Cute headband . Have fun stitching .

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That is a super photo of you toiling away house building, Fiona. What a fun time for you and your friends. Love to see the stitching stuff too like wonderful Sashiko and your knitting. That headband looks like something I could knit too. I use headbands all the time and with it -12C here today, need one. LOL.

Chookyblue...... said...

that looks like such a fun day making the ginger bread houses......Im not good at them either but they all look so pretty together......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>