Friday, November 24, 2023

4th week of November.....


This week has been busy doing some organising for our trip overseas for Christmas..... never done a Northern Hemisphere Christmas and I think we will be in for a cold shock ... but its very exciting to have this occasion with family over there.   I do find this time of year stressful so it's lovely to have a trip to look forward to.

Thick socks, Christmas jumper, new undies..... all those important things to think about!!!

At Quilt group I attended a 'Funky Pouch' workshop led by one of our members.....  I didn't really know what to expect but went with an idea of what picture I wanted...

This was my one by the end of the day....


as you see I didn't have a lot of applique but had fun with scribbly drawing.... used some sweet Tilda fabrics


Here are some of the others that were produced (there were 14 of us but some went home early)


I had a free day on the longarm so set up my 'K Drama Drama' quilt .... which I think I may consider a Wild Party....


I did a fairly tight quilting in the light grey, a loose meander in the black and left the colours alone....


Took me most of the day but I got it done....


Binding done by machine and it's all put away now.... not sure where it will live....


Hand sewing has seen another set of 4 Sashiko style blocks done.....


... and last thing in the evening with tired eyes, (or when car passenger) I am working on a moss stitch scarf in a chunky wool.... it's more of a fawn colour than grey


So that has been my week....... 

Righto, Gotto Go... want to draw up a few more grids for Sashiko .....

Have a lovely weekend.....


11 comments:

Lin said...

Exciting to be getting ready for your trip! The little pouch is great, lots of possibilities for that technique. Love the quilt finish. xx

Karen S said...

Your trip does sound exciting! Hope you can find enough cold weather gear.
Lovely work on the funky pouch. Looks like a fun idea.
And great to see all the designs on your quilt. Always good to get a finish.

Jennifer said...

I would travel light, and hit the op shops for cold weather gear when you arrive....you can always donate it back when you go, or leave it with the family. Cute little pouches, every one so different! Your quilting really finishes your quilt very well, Fiona.

Maria said...

How exciting getting things organised to spend Christmas with your family far away.
Do like your free hand thread drawing for your pouch.Lots of lovely Funky Pouches by the group.
Great finish on your Wild Quilt..

Susan said...

Love all the little pouches - I'm sure that was a fun workshop. Wild party looks fabulous...very funky.

Best get that scarf finished - you may need it "over there" LOL

Chantal said...

A trip?! That sounds wonderful! Bring clothes that can be added like cardigans and long-sleeve tops, and you might as well bring that lovely scarf you are knitting. That's a beauty! Congrats on the finished pouch. I love what you did and that chicken too. K Drama Drama is AWEsome! Very modern. Bravo! I am amazed by the Sashiko stitches; all these designs are done with the same + sign. It's so cool! Enjoy the weekend. ;^)

Janice said...

How exciting to have a winter Christmas. Fingers crossed it is white. The pouches look like they were fun to make. I love your quilt. So dramatic.

Julie said...

Those funky pouches are SO cool Fiona! I would love to do a workshop like that - the ladies creations are all so different & wonderful. Now I have total envy of you getting to experience a white christmas. It is on my bucket list but keeps getting pushed further back & I shall be here sweltering in the heat. Enjoy x0x

Jeanette said...

How exciting. I'd love to do a trip to the northern hemisphere to experience a winter Christmas(need to win lotto). Love the quilt, looks fabulous. Cute pouch & the Sashiko looks good.

WoolenSails said...

Those are fun pouches and sounds like a fun class to take. Your Darma quilt is stunning, love the colors and design elements. I can't wait to hear about your trip, sounds like it will a nice change for the holidays.

Debbie

marina said...

your quilt is amazing!!
how exciting to be going over to see the family. Your new scarf will definitely come in handy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>