Sunday, September 3, 2023

FNWF

Work continues on the border for Civil War Bride .... these flowers and leaves seem to be taking ages... 


This is where I was Friday night.... then last evening (Saturday) I sewed the last few leaves, the butterflies middle and stitched legs, feelers and eyes..... so now it needs pressing and joining to the main piece... the vine then needs to be extended (you can see it all bunched up there) so that it looks like it is all one piece (you got that right????)

.... then the bottom border can begin!!

This last week we had the Embroidery Guild Exhibition (held every 2 years).  It is always an incredible show of talent and this year did not disappoint....  some really amazing pieces.   There is also a Sales Table of goodies members have made as well as Second Hand Rose which both do very well.

If you have Facebook I have a link to their page HERE .  I had  3 embroidery related quilts and my little Ukranian whitework bag in there.  I wasn't able to ask individuals if I could take pictures of their work to share on social media.

Saturday stitching was held at the hall so people could watch.... I took my Field Journal Hexagons and there seemed a fair bit of interest.  

Righto, Gotto Go, it's Fathers Day here today and local daughter is taking her father out to breakfast and since I live with her father I get a feed too!

Have a lovely rest of the weekend.....



12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

So much work in your CW border....looking fabulous. It looks like a great Embroidery Guild Exhibition. Enjoy your breakfast.

Karen S said...

That is a long border. Great work getting this part done!

Raewyn said...

Wow, the border looks great - all that work will be well worth it! Is the bottom the final border piece? The embroidery exhibition sounds lovely - it would have been interesting to see the different styles. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast!

Lin said...

That border is looking gorgeous. When I take my FJ to quilt group there is always lots of interest so I am not surprised you found the same. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast! xx

Susan said...

That border looks very long….but very pretty

Seems to be the day for breakfasts! Happy Gathers Day to Hubz

Maria said...

Well done getting the border completed. Looks great.
An amazing exhibition.

Chantal said...

So many hours in this one border alone! Have you calculated how many hours you spent on this project so far? It's gorgeous though, so well worth every minute. Thanks for the link to the Facebook page. I've enjoyed it very much. I recognized you in a few pictures. Have a lovely week. ;^)

Star said...

Thanks for your dedication and hard work in writing this blog

Jeanette said...

The border looks lovely. Amazing embroidery at the show.

Ondrea said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your project is beautiful. Well done. I actually worked along with you guys, but I forgot to post on the list. LOL

kiwikid said...

That border is beautiful Fiona, so much work but so worth it! Hope you enjoyed your Fathers Day feed!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>