Thursday, September 7, 2023

First week of September


Definitely lovely Spring weather happening... and some random rain and storms around..... my garden is crying for a deep drink....

These are the latest self bound and framed hexagons I have done.....  I have almost got 6 of each colourway done... then I will need to make decisions about the centres (these are not sewn together)


The upper border of Civil War Bride is attached.....  
I was annoyed that the cutting size that was said in the pattern was incorrect, and even though I had extra fabric on (as I always do for borders to allow for a bit of shrink/stretch there still wasn't enough and I had to add on an inch or so on both ends.... that's why the vine looks a bit wobbly too - but I am not unpicking and I hope quilting will hide the extra silly seams on the end.....   The bottom border will have the same problem.


The bottom border has begun with twiggy sticks for birds to sit on....


I find by the end of an evening my eyes are too tired for tiny stitches so I have started crocheting squares for a registered charity that makes up blankets....  I will just keep going in 8 ply and then send off a bundle at a time.... these 5 are done....  They are a good craft for in the car .


That's about it for the week.... I am helping at a Stitching weekend for the next 3 days... always fun, busy and full of happy people ....

Righto, Gotto Go... a few domestic chores to be done - SIGH....

Have a lovely weekend....



10 comments:

Chantal said...

I love your little hexies. That moth is just gorgeous! So sad about the border. Will you add a flower and leaves to cover it more? After all that work, it is sad that a mistake messed things up. Enjoy your weekend with the happy people. ;^)

Lin said...

The border looks lovely now it is in place. I was going to say how about adding some more leaves to distract from the wobbly vine but I see Chantal got there before me! Have fun at the weekend. xx

Janice said...

Lovely work, as always. How frustrating that the borders were too short, after all that work. I’m sure the eye will be drawn to the appliqué, not the background.

Jeanette said...

The border looks Lovely. I agree with Chantal & Lin about adding an extra few leaves to the vine. FJ blocks are beautiful & the moth is spectacular.

kiwikid said...

Shame about the instructions for the border being incorrect, it looks beautiful from your photo. So much stitching in that. Great crochet blocks, enjoy your stitching weekend.

Jennifer said...

Not such lovely weather here - winter has popped back for a visit! Bugger about those borders, but once it is appliquéd and quilted it won't be noticed.

Karen's Korner said...

Gorgeous hexies. I understand your frustration about the borders but once it is all finished it will only be you that will know it. Those domestics always interfere with our stitching time.

Karen S said...

Lovely work with the hexies. It will be so interesting to see them come together.
Very frustrating with your borders, but I think you have done well and they are looking good.

loulee said...

Those hexies and applique look amazing.

Susan said...

Oh NO!!! (about the border) - I'm sure you will be able to disguise it - but I imagine you are quite disappointed.

But it is looking lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>