Friday, June 16, 2023

Second Week of June

Michelle gave me an online video tutorial for doing Kawandi....


I used up some of my cream scraps..... I do like the look and will do more.... I would love a whole quilt of it..... 


This week my focus has been on the next section of Gossip in the Garden.....

An EPP star.....


This little Dresden plate was supposed to be EPP but I changed the lovely rounded edges to sharp points so I could machine sew them before appliqueing onto the background...


Another little block.....

And a sweet pot of flowers....


There are a few pieced blocks I need to make then I can put this section together....

A blog friend in Cananda is doing a 6 block sewalong which I have joined.... each month we make 6 of the same block in our chosen colours....

I ran out of time last month so on a machine sewing day with a friend I caught up the two months blocks


Celeste has called it K Drama Drama - I have to say the curves are challenging me but it's good practice with the different sizes


This weekend we have moved up Northwards to watch a touch footy carnival.  Daughter invited us along to stay at a lovely house by the beach.... this is my morning view watching the sun come up....


Righto, Gotto Go... we just had a lovely long walk on the beach, time for tea then off to footy....



16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your Kawandi project looks lovely. Love the gossips blocks. Interesting project you are making with all those curves.

Julie said...

That dresden plate made my heart skip a beat Fiona ... I am sure I spy some vintage Tilda in there ?? Just beautiful. Love the Kawandi too!

Maria said...

The Kawandi project is fun but not sure I’d like to do a whole quilt.
Lovely progress with Gossip blocks..
Your sew-a-long looks interesting and the curves would be challenging.
Enjoy your footy and beach stay.

kiwikid said...

Your Kawandi looks great, love all your Gossip blocks and those curving blocks are gorgeous!! Great challenge for you. Enjoy your up North time, that is a beautiful view from your window.

Lin said...

Lovely cream Kawandi. Your Gossip blocks are looking lovely but fancy chickening out of those Dresden curves! Your sewalong looks intriguing - and dramatic. Lovely sunrise - enjoy your time away. xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your Kawandi block is so pretty and those curvy blocks - wow! I love all the different projects you're working on, no boredom at your place!! xx

Jennifer said...

Like the curved blocks, good practice for curvy piecing.....you will really be expert by the time it's all done! Sweet stitching.....I don't blame you for making those Dresden points pointed rather than curved. Enjoy your up north time!

loulee said...

Those curves do look challenging. Love the low volume Kawandi.

Ondrea said...

Your Kawandi looks great. Still on my list. Oh my! Those curved blocks are gorgeous!
Lovely appliques and stitcheries.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona lovely post I always enjoy seeing your beautiful work 🌹🤍🌹

Karen's Korner said...

Kawandi is popping up everywhere at the moment. Gorgeous sticheries and curved blocks.......hmmmmm. I find curves quite a challenge on anything.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely job on your Kawandi and so glad you enjoyed stitching it. Lovely Gossip blocks....I am lagging lol! Your curves blocks are amazing. Bundaberg area is lovely xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Fiona, I love Kawandi and made an eyeglass case some years ago using that method...it actually turned out too big for eyeglasses till I bought a pair of large sunglasses and then it was perfect. Also love seeing these other blocks of yours. Beautiful all, and so interesting too. What a great stitcher you are!

Karen S said...

You are getting so much done.
Those curved blocks look great.
Enjoy your time away.

Janice said...

Such a nice variety of techniques. You can have those curved seams. Not my favourite technique. You are doing a great job of them. The creams look so nice and understated.

Susan said...

Love this project with the curved seams. though I don't need to do them...LOL.
The Kawandi will be fun with a wide variety of fabrics....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>