Saturday, November 26, 2022

Busy week.....


This quilt is finished.....


Simple wave quilting to contrast with the blocks....  It is yet another quilt I have made using my fat quarter pack of Terra Australis....


A rather sweet backing....


This pattern is called Puzzle Box and is a free pattern by Christa Quilts.... you can find it HERE

I found it an easy quilt to make and think it would be great with scraps.  I will be using it again.

And I have finished the cardigan which was my holiday project....


Simple pattern and easy to work on in trains, buses, cars etc....


I haven't knitted anything like this for a very long time and didn't get the spacing for the buttons very good... the top two are closer together, but otherwise I am looking forward to wearing this next winter.

Another stitchery from Field Journal has been completed.  I would have liked to sew some other letters on it but it was pre-printed.... This stands for Cottage Garden Threads.... it can be used for something




One thing I seem to do post holidays is a bit of a tidy up.... I have gone through clothes and chucked out a bunch (there seem to be a lot that have shrunk rather a lot lately!!!)  and today I went through a desk top (I had saved back so many cards over the years - I still can't throw out the hand made ones)  There was a drawer with a whole lot of pressed leaves - can't even remember doing that so they have gone into the compost!

I hope this tidying lark ends soon - it's a bit distracting!

Righto, Gotto Go.... I have yet another quilt using Terra Australis to finish quilting....


Hope you have a lovely weekend....


12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on that pretty finish. Well done on the cardigan finish. A good clean up is definitely what is needed from time to time.

Jennifer said...

Well done on the finish - and the cardy too, Fiona! Yes, I'm with you on the clothes, sadly.....

Lin said...

The counter change of that quilt is very effective and as you say would be great made with scraps. Nice finish on your cardi, it does look nice and warm. xx

loulee said...

Lovely quilts, lovely quilting.

Chantal said...

Look at you go! Some projects are finished and some cleaning too, gosh, you're on fire! The wave quilting is very lovely on this Terra Australis quilt. Love your cardigan. The colour is so pretty. Thank you for telling us what those letters are for, otherwise one could think you misspelled cat. Quilting on black fabric is probably more laborious than other colour but I love what you have done so far. Enjoy! ;^)

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish Fiona, that is a lovely quilt. Your stitchery is lovely and that is a great cardigan. Some of my clothes have shrunk too - strange that!!

Bobbie said...

I love your quilt... I have a pattern like it in 2 solid colours ... but the scrappy look would be so much nicer for a girl .. or .. for my younger sister.. will go grab that one .. thank you ..
I have to do a big clean out soon ... have started a bit of one .. but I tend to get distracted from doing it .. oh well... I will get myself painted into a corner soon ... packing up a house for a move is a good reason for a good spring clean ... although I am almost too late for the spring bit of it ... we need to take the least amount with us .. sounds like fun .. again ... lol

WoolenSails said...

You amaze me with all of the beautiful projects you make and are working on, that Cardigan is beautiful, as well as the quilt.

Debbie

Maria said...

Two beautiful finishes Fiona and your cardigan looks very cosy.

Ondrea said...

That is a lovely pattern and it looks so lovely . Like your latest one in progress too. Well done with your cardigan.

Chrissie said...

Excellent finishes. Great idea for the tidy up, decluttering makes you feel a whole lot better and finding some lost reasures is even better. xcx

Janice said...

The quilt turned out so well, as did your knitting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>