Friday, August 5, 2022

Rainbow Scrap and some Crochet

I missed June and am late with July..... but here are my blue and purple scrappy fish....


I decided that I would stop here and joined up what I had (and put a couple of fish in the bin)


It's very scrappy.... and in my opinion pretty crappy too..... but it is a work of art with a deep story of sea polution, global warming, world confusion, etc.... I just have to make up the story then it becomes a meaningful piece of modern art.....

Meanwhile I have finished my scrap crochet blanket....

It fits the top of a double bed - a nice size


I used scraps from 4 other tops I have made over the years - all the same ply yarn.

This pattern is Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24....


Mostly I did two rows in the same colour, there is a few with only one row


... and there was enough of a few colours to do the rounds in the borders....

There is still scraps of yarn, just less now... not sure what I can do with them if anything....

Righto, Gotto Go.....  it's FNWF and I must sort out what I will sew ....

Have a lovely weekend

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like your arty scrappy crappy fish....did you know there is actually a fish called a crappie? You could always buy more yarn and start another blanket.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lol! Well done on your modern art fish! Your blanket has turned out beautifully.....what is it about scrappy things that make our hearts happy?

Julie said...

Hello Fiona ... my apologies for having been unable to comment on your posts - our computer crashed & although I could read blogs on my phone - I couldn't comment unfortunately. You have been busy & I love everything you have been working on ... the colours in that blanket are just stunning. Enjoy the weekend Fiona. xx

Lin said...

Haha, well I think the fish will look great once you have worked some quilting magic! Nice finish on the blanket and good to clear some of those leftovers. I have several bags awaiting my attention! xx

Chantal said...

Love your fish in their polluted water, or global warming shrinking up their pond, or whatever the story is, they look great! It is a beautiful piece of modern art. You rock, girl! Love your blanket too. So colourful yet it makes me think of autumn. Love it. Congrats on this great finish. ;^)

Karen S said...

Great to see your school of fish growing in size.
And I love the blanket. Such a great way to use up your yarn.

loulee said...

Your artful fish would keep someone warm, regardless of how you think it looks.
So will your scrappy blanket, very pretty.

marina said...

Ithink your fish look great.
well done on your scrappy crochet too. that's quite a big blanket.
I made little squares with my wooly scraps and just add to them when I make a new blanket. Eventually they will get put together.

WoolenSails said...

Those fish are so fun, I enjoy making scrap quilts and still have a few to put together. Your crochet blanket is stunning, gorgeous wool colors and I love how your sampler quilt came out.

Debbie

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your scrappy, crappy fish are very cute :) and wow, that is a huge crochet blanket! You did a great job, it's so pretty and colorful! xx

Ondrea said...

Love your colourful crochet blanket. Your fish are awesome! I love your story. Very clever design.

Chookyblue...... said...

Cool scrappy fish.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>