Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Month End.....


Another month has come and almost gone....

Hubz is officially retired from his job.... however he is staying another month to hand over and work on a specific project (mostly from home hopefully).... my children are calling him John Farnham (known for his repeat last tours!)

Golf sticks have been purchased....

WOOFA

Thanks Cheryll for hosting WOOFA and encouraging towards finishing up those projects....  

I finished off a bunch of tray mats which have been hanging around...


Wish You Well was completed...

shocking pink quilt top got made from scrap HST's...


mouse quilt top got put together....



this last week I have worked hard on practicing quilting ...

This one was my first effort after my calico wriggles ... big loopy swirls on a small lap quilt....


This I spy quilt is a nice single bed size and I did an all over sort of watery design....


This is a small lap quilt and I worked with curved and straight rulers.... in the ditch and orange peels in the squares... lots of lines in the border...


This is a square medium sized... ruler used for the lines around the feathers and then lots of smaller swirls in the white....  

Learning what I can and cannot do in this machine.... In some ways it is  alot easier than the sit down machine but I think there is less flexibility for moving around and changing thread colours.... I don't know how they manage to do a feathery border down the sides....


Anyway I now have 4 quilts to bind!!!  And a quick trip out to the local big store that always has sales on and got some wadding for a good price... great for the practicing...


OPAM

7 tray mats 
1 mug rug

Thanks Kris for keeping a tally and keeping us finishing those projects....

It was good looking back... I got a lot more done than I thought I had... my handwork projects have not made a lot of progress though....

I have been on jury duty but so far only been called in one morning.... and not selected for that jury so that was a short visit.  

The quick edit link for the gadgets on the side bar has disappeared.... I will have to find another way to keep my lists - perhaps pages.... Mr google did find a way of fixing but really didn't understand it.

Keep safe everyone... and have a lovely weekend...

18 comments:

simplestitches said...

wow Fiona you have been busy!
love the quilting on the quilts you have finished...your Wish You Well quilt is lovely!

Lin said...

The quilting is looking great Fiona. xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Fiona, amazing how much you got done this month, I am in awe. Your quilting looks wonderful, so do the quilts.

Jennifer said...

A very productive month......well done, Fiona!

Janice said...

You really have been productive. Kris will have lots to count. It's nice to see you little mouse stitcheries being put together. You've made great progress on your quilting with your new machine. Imagine how good you will be once you've had more practice. Enjoy the journey.

Chantal said...

I enjoyed this parade of your lovely projects. I don't recall seeing the lap quilt that got big loopy swirls so it was a nice surprise. Love the colours on that one. You did very well with the quilting on all of those quilts. We have a long weekend here, so hopefully, I'll be able to accomplish something too. Enjoy! ;^)

kiwikid said...

Lots done at your place. Your quilting is looking fantastic Fiona. Strange how different things disappear from different blogs.

Karen's Korner said...

Very productive in the sewing room. Are you going to join hubby on the golf course? I wish they would leave us bloggers alone and not make all these unnecessary changes.

Cheryll said...

You are quilting up a storm on some wonderful projects. Well done...xox

Ondrea said...

Woohooo! So many quilts! They all look lovely. Your practice quilting is fantastic. I can only do straight lines lol. I still need some backing and border fabrics for my WYW quilt. Lots of lovely projects there. Well done.

Julie said...

Gosh Fiona - you sure got through alot this month. Mind you - you seem to achieve lots every month! 😉I think your "practice quilting" looks wonderful!

CathyC said...

WOW you have been busy!
love the feathers quilt - that reminds me, I have a few of those feathers myself, I should get back to them :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

My goodness you have been on fire up there....Hope JF enjoys his final tour lol! You seem to be going great gubs with the new machine....btw coming to you from Feedly xx

loulee said...

You have had a great month.
As for quilting the side panels... I get everything else done first, then take the quilt off the frame, turn it sideways, and then work in the new top and bottom.

Karen S said...

Lots of lovely finishes. A great collectio9n.

Susan said...

You will have those borders mastered in no time I am sure.

ummm I still have my blog links - is that what you are missing??

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Congrats to hubby on (another) retirement :) Wow, you've been so busy, got lots done, and all so pretty! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

You've done so well with your quilting..... Hope Mr bubz had finished work now..... But probably not.... LoL
You can still edit the lists you just have to go into the layout.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>