Sunday, January 31, 2021

WOOFA time ....


In my January fervour I finished up 4 hanging over projects..... so they all count towards WOOFA ....

First off was the crochet blanket which just needed a couple of rounds left to do....


Then the pineapple quilt which just needed the binding sewn on....


and two little baby quilts which also needed their binding on....


the little one don't take too long, hand sewn down in front of the TV at night...


Thanks to Cheryll for her encouragement to take out projects and do a bit of work on them.....

So 4 finishes.... I guess that means 4 new projects is acceptable too?????

Schoolgirl Sampler got 6 more blocks this week....


... and I have started adding sashing and joining up the blocks into strips....


The needleturn on Civil War Bride is going slowly... but I have started adding some stems to the leaves....



We did go out for a night.....


to watch Big Bash cricket..... our team in the teal ... Brisbane Heat


Flames for any good efforts by the home team..... 


... watched the moon coming up over the stadium....


Very noisy and crowded....


and the next day some time at South Bank where my daughter got me on to an electric scooter....



The video's are back to front... but I'm sure it will be clear which was which....

I did knit a couple of scrubbers on the way to the city........ (they are actually red but I rather like this cerise colour in the picture)



.... after all that revelling I was too tired on the way home and opted to nap instead!

... it was fun.... back home and looking forward to a quiet day....  

Righto, Gotto Go....  I'm over to Cheryll's linky to see what other WOOFA projects have been done...


14 comments:

Cheryll said...

You have absolutely earned the right to ADD projects...lol
But a huge congrats have been earned too... WeLL DoNe...
Love all the pics & especially the riding of the scooter... xox

Chantal said...

Sounds like a busy but fun week. Did you like the scooter ride? It actually looks like a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind trying one someday. ;^)

Julie said...

Some gorgeous new projects both completed & worked on Fiona. Love all that you are creating. The cricket match looks great & the pic of the moon coming up over the Stadium is just wonderful.

Louise said...

Sounds like you are enjoying a bit of being out and about in addition to your stay-at-home time! Congrats on 4 finishes! Yes, you can start 4 more :)

Ondrea said...

Lots of beautiful finishes there. You must feel so proud to have achieved so much. The crowd looks a bit too close for my comfort. I am still very wary and still wear a mask at all times, even from my car to indoor shopping. That pineapple quilt is still my favourite although the sampler is rather lovely. Enjoy your outings.

Jennifer said...

You have had a very busy week! Now you can tick 'scooter ride' off your bucket list.....and 'going to the cricket'.....absolutely no amount of alcohol would get me to the cricket.

Karen S said...

Lots of lovely finishes to count.
Great to see you having a good time at the cricket. I enjoy that a look forward to being able to do that soon here.
What fun to try out the electric scooter. Do you think it will be something for you in the future?

Karen's Korner said...

Lots of lovely finishes and good progress on SGS. Way to go on the electric scooter.

Vireya said...

Well done with all your WOOFA progress!

Being in Victoria I am still very nervous about large crowds - I would not have coped with all those people at the cricket. But we are lucky to be in a place where a gathering like that probably isn't life-threatening at the moment.

Maria said...

Great to have completed four projects....
The new projects are coming along nicely and the School Sampler looks great. Similar to the Sampler I did a few years ago.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lots of beautiful stitchings and 4 finishes. I am in awe.

Susie H said...

I think four finishes absolutely = four new starts! Beautiful pineapple quilt and only a couple more rounds is a lot of work since it's along the outside edge! Congrats on the Big Bash win! Loved the videos.

Janice said...

You smashed the WOOFA Challenge in January and set the bar high for future months. It looks like you had a fabulous time in the big smoke.

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats on your finishing...... I just love the pineapple quilt and I am going to work on one this year...... You've been busy and productive as usual......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>