Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Another week....

I am a bit surprised to find that we are already in the third week of 2021...

I still haven't sorted through my UFO's and planned projects......

But I have been stitching....

These are the next 6 blocks for SchoolGirl sampler....


18 blocks so far.  I need to buy some sashing and cornerstones fabric then I can start joining as I go along....


I did the quilting and binding on two little quilts ....


a sweet backing .. the same on both of them.... 


same but different colours and quilting design....


Folded and put away till I can get them off to their next home....


Hubz made me up a special board at the weekend.....


These are not a new idea, I remembered I had seen someone use one years ago....  a very fine sandpaper and glued onto a thin piece of board....


It holds the fabric so well when I want to trace round templates... I wish I had asked for one of these earlier.....


... put to use right away and I have got the templates ready to needleturn the centre medallion for Schoolgirl Sampler....



A new big project this year is Civil War Bride......  needleturn applique and this is the first of 20 blocks done....


Now I need to prep for the next one .... trace templates and use my new sandpaper  board to trace them all out onto fabric....

Hard to put down ....

Righto, Gotto Go....  time for a cuppa tea ....and listen to the news....



17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Civil War Bride will be gorgeous......I have had one of those boards since forever ago and it's very useful. Well done on the two little quilts, and the sampler blocks!

Jane said...

That board is a great idea :)

Karen's Korner said...

Love the board idea. Your sampler is coming along beautifully and two pretty little finishes.

Helen said...

Those boards are great especially for fiddly pieces. Wow you are on fire with your first CWB block.

kiwikid said...

You are going great really well, with the Sampler blocks Fiona,very inspiring!!
The baby quilts are lovely, that board will be great for your tracing. Your Civil War Bride block is stunning.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Great progress on your sampler quilt/s. Those boards are great for tracing. I got one years ago and have absolutely no idea where it is. Probably stashed away somewhere safe. Enjoy the rest of your week x

Raewyn said...

Your sampler quilt looks great in the Tildas. You're making good progress. Also love your first Civil War Bride block too. The baby quilts are lovely as well. Good on Hubz making you the board, I imagine it will be very handy and probably something we all should have!

Jeanette said...

Your sampler blocks look lovely. Love CWB block. When i was in the cupboard searching for the starter pack & i should have gotten out sashings & corner stone fabrics for the sampler. Oh well will look this week when i sew the next 6. :). The 2 little quilts are lovely too. Hugs,xx

Karen S said...

I agree, January is moving by very rapidly.
Good to see the blocks continuing to multiply and well done on the lovely finishes with the quilting and binding done.
It looks like you will get plenty of use out of the sandpaper board.The first block looks great.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Fiona,
you have been extremely busy in the sewing room. Wonderful finished quilts and the Civil War Bride block is gorgeous. Love the idea with the sandpaper.

Janice said...

Two beautiful new projects and so different from each other. You’ve made fast progress with your appliqué.

Lin said...

Nice blocks there especially the Civil War Bride one. The sandpaper board looks like a brilliant idea. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Clever Mr. R! Lovely blocks and Civil War Bride is gorgeous!

Julie said...

Your school girl sampler blocks look so pretty Fiona & those fabrics make my heart swoon. I think the new board your Hubby made you is such a wonderful idea - might have to store that one away & copy it one day.

Ondrea said...

Your applique is stunning! Love your blocks pieced together. Lol, I made one of those sandpaper boards years ago. I bought an off cut and sandpaper from Bunnings. It worked well but I have since bought one of those special little rubbery mats than can be rolled uo and even washed. Your projects are so beautiful.

Radka said...

Civil War Bride - wow, that's a BIG project, so lovely, it will be fun to do I can imagine. I love applique.
Your School Girl sampler is pretty, all Tilda fabrics?
I have one of those sand paper boards (shop bought), the other side is shiny, so it can be wiped easily, for gluing and those mucky jobs, I use it all the time.
Have fun!
xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I can't believe it is nearly the end of Jan already! You've done lots of lovely sewing, they're all such pretty projects! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>