Saturday, August 8, 2020

August FNWF

Thanks Cheryll for hosting FNWF last evening......

We had a nice little shower of rain in the afternoon.... lovely.

I worked on the crochet border for my blanket.... each round takes a while now but I am impatient of having it lying around now so determined nothing else till it is done..... a few more rows of double crochet to give it a border and it will be done....

Hubz found some footy on TV which I don't really like so I just crocheted and got lost in my own thoughts.... then the game finished and he found cricket on TV, which I like, but that got rain delayed, and then we turned to golf which I don't mind but I had trouble keeping my eyes open....

But I got one round finished and that was my goal!

... woken up to a misty day, so I have stoked up the fire and I'll go and play...

I did treat myself to this pattern and fabrics this week from The Quilters Angel....
Nice simple blocks to show off fabrics and it will be a perfect man quilt... I am going to cut out the pieces as this is what I want to make at retreat with Sunday Stitchers ladies in a couple of weeks time.....

Gotta love a pile of delicious fabrics to play with....  and then I will visit and see what all the others who joined in last night got up to....

Righto, Gotto Go... hope you have a lovely weekend


21 comments:

Susan said...

Looking forward to seeing it come together...yes - very manly. The blanket looks warm & cosy - and not a project you would want hanging over until summer.

retdairyqueen said...

Great fabrics for a man quilt

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your blanket is looking lovely and nice and cosy to work on. Nice treat from QA. Rainy day here yesterday too!

Cheryll said...

EnJoY your "playtime"... in a warm & dry space.
Your crochet is progressing nicely too. Thanks for joining in FNwF...xox

kiwikid said...

Love the Tim Holtz fabrics, and that looks like a great pattern.
Your crochet blanket is coming along well, sometimes you are close to a finish and just want to get it done. I successfully avoided the footie 😁

Maria said...

Well done on a border round on your crocheted rug.
Oh how nice to be joining the Sunday Stitchers for retreat .
That will be a great quilt to make while there..

Janice said...

Crochet is a nice, no think project for the evening. You must be pleased you are getting towards the finish line.

Louise said...

I love Tim Holtz's fabric lines. I think I have that same bundle, plus a few jelly roll strips. It's good to have some manly options in the stash, just in case :)

WoolenSails said...

I wish we would get more rain, the grass is drying up so hopefully we will get more this week.
Beautiful yarns for a blanket. I need a fabric fix, but hard to find anything locally and most of the stores online are always out of stock, for ones I want.

Debbie

Jennifer said...

A very cosy blanket, for sure! Those are interesting fabrics - looking forward to seeing what they become.

KaHolly said...

I no sooner read that you stoked up the fire when I got a whiff of smoke! Pretty weird!

Helen said...

The blanket looks warm & cosy - great colours for a man’s quilt.

loulee said...

Those do look like blokey fabrics. They can be hard to find. I'll look forward to seeing your progress on this one and a better look at the fabrics.

Chookyblue...... said...

That's a lovely bunch of fabrics to use in the pattern..... Have fun at your retreat......

Raewyn said...

Oh I know that feeling - so close to finishing a blanket but it takes forever to do a round!! Your crochet looks very cosy. Good self control not starting something else! That looks like a great man-bundle. Lucky you having a retreat coming up.

Karen's Korner said...

A delicious looking bundle of fabrics there. Yep a project gets to a point and needs to be finished.

Ondrea said...

Your crochet is looking lovely. Love your fabrics for the new quilt. Enjoy.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I look forward to seeing the finished crochet blanket. I love the colors. And those fabric fat quarters are lovely too. Have fun using them.

Lin said...

Isnt it a nice feeling when you get to the end of a round! Looking good. Those fabrics do look rather nice too. xx

Karen S said...

If it is a cool day it is perfect for getting the crochet going. I am not that keen on watching sport but will happily do it if I can stitch or knit at the same time as watching.
Lovely fabric bundle there. Looks good.

Susie H said...

Those are absolutely beautiful fabrics. I can see why they had to come home with you! As for the sports, that happens around my house too. Some of it I like, some of it I get engrossed in whatever I have in my lap. Sometimes it leads to a snooze!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>