Saturday, May 30, 2020

May Monthlies....


This month I have 3 finishes to report.....
thanks to Kris for keeping the OPAM tallies going

The quilt for Mom's 90th birthday (which was finished a while ago but I didn't want to show it until Mom had it with her)


My big fat pincushion which was the Sunday Stitchers UFO challenge ..... thanks for the encouragement ladies....


... and my big Poppins Bag, which was a whole new project that I fell in love with...


My WOOFA project (thanks to Cheryll for hosting WOOFA) is my One Block quilt which is slowly coming together..... I have sewn most of the blocks into groups of 4 blocks....

... the plan is this week to get them into rows....




Continuing with my needleturn applique in the evenings this block has gone from this.....


... to this......

still a fair bit to do.... I spend more time procrastinating about the preparation part, choosing the fabrics, tracing etc... once that is done I love the sewing part...

... the plan is to get the centres of the flowers together this week...

I did find time to quilt my scrappy pineapple quilt


Cindy Needham has done a series on facebook since she had to cancel all her classes and she offered ideas for different quilts... I used her idea for this quilt... mostly in the ditch but some squares going into the white areas and then a bit of extra in the middle.  The binding is ready....

.. the plan is to sew it on this week!

This sweet Field Journal stitchery took me last evening to do... with a few stitches this morning....



... the plan is to get another one done this week!

On Tuesday a friend came over, it's so great we can have little gatherings again.... she made me this beautiful poncho with some 100% wool....


.. it is so lovely and snug ...

a close look at the pattern... beautifully made....  


... we both had our machines here and I started sewing strips together onto some sheeting using up my batik scraps (plus a few purchases to get a range of colours)


As I just chain sewed so that I would mix up the colours I didn't actually get any blocks done but there are 25 on the go..... 

... the plan is to keep working on these once my one block quilt top is all together.....

Righto, Gotto Go... I promised I would finish up a quilt job before treating myself to some of my own sewing!!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.....

16 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

WOW another very productive month Fiona. Love the new poncho. Lucky you.

Ondrea said...

My goodness, you have done so many awesome projects girl! Your mum must be over the moon with her beautiful quilt. Love your stitchery of the flower and the needleturn applique is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing your progress with those blocks and strips.

Maria said...

Beautiful finishes this month and your needle turn and stitchery are both pretty projects....
Nice to have had a friend sit and sew with you and also spoil you with the gorgeous poncho..
Good luck with the One Block project and also the batiks...

Pink Rose said...

Hi my friend wow lots of beautiful work ,your quilt you made for your MIL is absolutely gorgeous and that bag is awesome ,I love your love block,well done on your beautiful finishes my friend xx

Jennifer said...

You look very smart and warm in your new poncho, Fiona! Some big finishes this month too.

Cheryll said...

As usual all your projects are gorgeous Fiona.
I especially like the modelling gig you did. The "shawl/poncho" is fantastic... or it just the model?
Love the embroidery stitches you used too. Nice job all round...xox

Julie said...

Your Mums quilt is absolutely beautiful Fiona. And the poncho your friend knitted you is really beautiful too. Have a lovely creative week ahead. xx

kiwikid said...

Three beautiful finishes Fiona, and great progress on your One Block. Your applique is lovely and the pineapple quilt is looking good too. Great poncho and stitchery, so nice you can have a sewing visitor.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful work Fiona. Is it silly I am excited you are quilting your pineapples lol! Your poncho is lovely....beautiful crochet! CGT journal block is very sweet. Looks like you are on a roll with all those pretty strips!

Helen said...

A fantastic month with your projects....love the birthday quilt.... Well done.

KaHolly said...

Not only do you keep busy, but you make the greatest of things! I’m so impressed with your appliqué!

loulee said...

You had a very productive month.
Love your poncho, lucky you.

marina said...

Such beautiful projects Fiona!
You are definitely rocking the poncho!

Karen S said...

Great results for May and all big projects. Love that poncho. Beautiful work.
How lovely to get together with a friend for sewing.

sunny said...

My goodness, you've been busy. May I ask what is the pattern for your first quilt in the post? So beautiful!!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wonderful stitching. Congratulations on your wonderful finished projects.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>