Thursday, August 22, 2019

More travels....

It is Wattle Season... and I just love the range of yellows and shapes of the fluffy's (even if I get the sneezes it is worth it)

Loads and loads of them planted on the sides of highways..... wonderful


The other thing I like on 'some' of the highways is these rope ladders.  Can you see it? 


Right across the road for the little critters to cross safely.....  then ropes down for them to get back to the ground.... 


We went and stayed with a friend of Hubz and his wife who I met for the first time on their piece of land near Taree….

It's a really lovely spot and so relaxing.... as well as really lovely hosts ....


Sunset time..... only the birdcalls for background music...


They do have regular visits by Koala's though none came to say Hello to us.... you can see the evidence of their sharp nails on the gum tree in their yard....


We visited Taree and had fish and chips by the sea


.. and of course a little walk with some ocean views.... 


 I have now finished off my second ever pair of socks (same wool as last time since I got several balls of it and it is lovely).  These are a gift and have been posted off - a labour of love are knitted socks


Righto, Gotto Go..... I think I'll have a cup of coffee and then think about the next step on a quilt I am quilting....

12 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona lovely pics ,my daughter worked at Taree many years ago renovating a spotlight store.
You do so well with your sock making I must pull mine out again,I don't seem to get past knitting the top band for them,lol.
Will talk to you later ,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

WoolenSails said...

What a beautiful place to visit, definitely a place to relax.
Love your new socks, gorgeous yarns.

Debbie

kiwikid said...

Lovely place for a walk by the sea. Well done with the socks, they look wonderful.

marina said...

lovely travel pics!
beautiful new socks you clever possum!

Jennifer said...

I do like wattle, such a glorious colour......our little wattle bush is starting to flower again, it's so pretty. Fish and chips always taste better by the sea!

Jane said...

the ladders are a great idea! Hope you're feeling refreshed and inspired by your break

Maria said...

Wattle are very pretty ....
I've never seen the special ladders for the critters to cross the road. Great idea.
Lovely pics of your travels and it's always lovely to met new friends..
Great socks.

KaHolly said...

Looks like a lovely trip! I’ve never seen these rope ladders before. Very clever!

Janice said...

It looks like you had lovely weather for your visit to Taree. There’s nothing nicer than fish and chips by the sea. I love your socks. The colour is beautiful.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I love the wattles too... they are so bright and beautiful! Oh my, you are a sock knitting wonder!!!!! xx

Louise said...

I've never heard of wattle flowers. In the US, "wattle" only means the hangy-down bits under a chicken's neck. So that seems like a very funny flower name to me! I hope they are prettier than chicken necks :)

Love Bears All Things said...

A road trip is a simple country pleasure for sure..and friends to visit. Can't beat that.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>