Thursday, May 30, 2019

Winter is on it's way.....


This is my one and only finish for May....

One Christmas Item and One Project a Month combined in an evening!


These are all the little ornies I have made so far this year... I managed to squeeze out a bit of extra from the left over felt so there will be some duplicates... 


I continue to do a bit of hand-sewing in the evenings and I have another 4 postcards finished....  I'm looking forward to a me sewing day to start putting more of these into blocks....


My latest Flowerville stitchery is completed.. and also waiting for a me sewing day to get the little Dresden's made.... 

One more stitchery to go.... 


 The weather has cooled quickly this week.....  and a large pot of soup has been made....


… and the log fire has been lit.... 


Some of my favourite things about Winter weather.... I know we have a mild Winter here in SE Queensland but I do enjoy wooly slippers, tracky pants, etc for a couple of months... (soon I will also be enjoying hand made socks too!)

Righto, Gotto Go... I have a day at home and some quilting jobs to get to.....


19 comments:

Maria said...

Cute Christmas Ornies and I love those Flowerville Blocks...
Enjoy your cooler months Fiona..
Up until today we've had mid to high 20s but today it's windy and MAY rain.....

Jeanette said...

Love those Christmas ornies. Yummm soup. One thing i do love about winter is having soup. Hugs,xx

Karen's Korner said...

Winter is definitely all about soups and keeping warm. Cute ornaments.

Jane said...

enjoy your quilting :)

Elyte said...

Little finishes still qualify as 'finishes', so all is good.
Soup looks delicious and may be on the menu during the cold snap we are having down here.
Stay warm.

Jennifer said...

Finished is finished! Soup looks yummo......will be making some here tomorrow.

Chookyblue...... said...

Winter sure is here...... Glad your feeling better now.... Your little holiday with friends looked nice bugger about the cold...... Goodluck finishing the socks......

Helen said...

Great weather for stitching that's for sure.....love the ornies and your postcards are coming along very nicely.

Louise said...

I do love a good soup, any time of year! DH doesn't care for them, though, so I don't make them at home. I have to enjoy them at restaurants, but that's fine with me. Just this week I had a fabulous Italian fish soup, so yummy. I hope you get lots of stitching time this week :)

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful blocks and the Christmas woolies are adorable.
I was thinking about a beef vegetable soup today, even if June is almost here, lol.

Debbie

Janice said...

The weather certainly has turned wintery. Perfect for hot soup and rugging up.......oh, and for staying indoors and stitching.

Raewyn said...

We're due for a cool weekend so our fire might get lit too, it's always a nice feeling having it burning away. Your little mittens are very cute - and although there's only the one finish, you did manage to work on quite a few different things. How exciting that you've only got the one Flowerville stitchery to do. Have fun finishing your last sock.

Michelle Ridgway said...

The ornies are very cute! Well done on the postcards....I made it too! Lol! Love Flowerville! Homemade soup....yum! Our fire is lit too!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oooh, how lovely! A wood fire- the best :) I do love your little winter mittens.... and I am looking forward to heading back to the cold in a few days :)

kiwikid said...

Wonderful finishes and that fire and soup look great too. Have had a very cold week here, another on the way. Slippers have been in use for a week or so now.
Enjoy your cooler weather.

marina said...

very cute little mitten decorations.
Love your postcards and flowerville block.
Looking forward to seeing all of them in their dresden plates and in a top.
Definitely soup weather down here too!

Sue SA said...

Love seeing your postcards! I enjoy a change in season, as you appreciate summer more when it arrives. I love winter, but appreciate not everyone does!

Cheryll said...

Yummy looking soup...and a cozy fire... nothing better.
Your postcards & ornies are cuties...xox

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love this wintery weather too. Your stitcheries are just lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>