Sunday, May 26, 2019

May FNSI

Thanks Wendy for gathering us together......

… well for me it was a FNKI

...and I finished my first sock....

I used a sock wool from Bendigo Wool and I am learning via Jane from UK doing her workshop and a lot of online assistance....


I did drop a stitch and picked it up wrong.... so I have a little kink on the underneath of the sock... proves it is handmade???? 


… and my toe end has a bit of a nipple... so we will be having a chat about how to deal with toe-nipples next week.

Otherwise it is a perfect fit and I have started the rib for it's partner...... 


In the garden I am delighted our Cooktown Orchid is flowering... there are 3 spikes on it and it has just begun.  Michelle gave us this bit and Hubz has been the carer…..


Saturday afternoon I treated myself to a chickflick and got out my crochet blanket... it's been a full on May for me ..... I watched Ladies in Black, an Australian film set in 1959 …. great to have a glimpse of life then and how women had to forge new lives.


Righto, Gotto Go..... a beautiful Sunday needs living.....


15 comments:

kiwikid said...

That orchid is beautiful Fiona. Well done on the sock finish. Really enjoyed Ladies in Black, interesting view of Aus life from the immigrants point of view as well as the Aussies.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are doing a great job with your socks! I loved that movie....and reminds us our things have changed so much. Great job with the orchid Mr Green Fingers x

Jennifer said...

Well done on the sock! Haven't seen the movie, but I loved the book of "Ladies in black". That is a very pretty orchid, Hubz must have the correct degree of green in the thumb!

Jane said...

If it's under the foot, no one will notice :) The orchid looks very happy :)

Maria said...

Great sock finish , the tiny opps doesn't matter nor the toe nipple...
what a beautiful orchid ... Ladies in Black was a good movie and brought back memories for me...

Elyte said...

Well done with the sock knitting.
You will be wearing the pair in no time.
Your orchid is beautiful, so colourful and healthy.
I too would like to see that movie one day .......

Jeanette said...

Well done with the sock. The orchids is gorgeous. Hugs, xx

Louise said...

You look so cozy as you watch your show! But with only one sock, isn't the other foot getting cold? Have a great week, Fiona!

Karen S said...

Great work on your sock. I am very impressed.
Looks like you will have to hop for a while until the next one is done.

Lin said...

The sock looks great Fiona - as does the orchid. xx

WoolenSails said...

Love the colors in your sock, I am out of socks at home, too hot now.

Debbie

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona well done with your sock making they will keep you very warm,one down one to go.
Oh your orchid is such a pretty colour .
You have had such a busy May ,gee it's nearly June,glad you had the chance to rest and enjoy a movie,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Cheryll said...

I'd wear your knitted sock... errors or no errors...
It's great... xox

Helen said...

A lovely foot pose lol....a cosy photo....

Raewyn said...

I'm sorry to see you were unwell and do hope all bugs are well and truly gone by now (Hubz's too!) Your sock looks great, in spite of the odd nipple and kink. I'm sure they'll be just as nice to wear :-) I love how your crochet blanket is growing - such lovely colours - it looks like a very cosy set up, chickflick, quilts and crochet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>