Sunday, August 12, 2018

Tired......


Lots of painting was done this week... but it's not finished.... sometime in the next couple of weeks the remainder will be done..... needless to say some rooms are still a big mess.

However, most of where we 'live' is good.  A big change we made is exchange an office for Hubz into a 'storage' area for me and move into my old 'office' to a nice space for him to work/play.

Most of my 'stuff is in plastic boxes' and I was happy with the existing shelves for me...

of course my scrap baskets made themselves at home quick smart there.... (there is still lots to do in there but it's a start)


We are slowly hanging pictures .... I was very quickly sure what I wanted above this dresser that is in my 'storage' area but can be seen from the passageway.....


I did this butterfly a few years ago with batik fabrics.  All that skinny black was a challenge.  I have to say I love my leafy quilting around it too....  It's a happy wall quilt.....


Of course with moving things for painting it means it all has to be put back... and I have been cleaning etc (what is it with dust hiding behind cupboards!)  Happy to say I have done most of my Spring cleaning and winter is not over yet!!

A little bit of stitching is done in the evenings, after soaking sore feet


… little sayings for little gifts.....


Righto, Gotto Go.... I want to find things that I need to work on next week … somewhere... in one of those boxes..... hmmmm

Have a lovely week...… may no bugs or spit come your way.....


21 comments:

Narelle said...

With an early start on your spring cleaning, just think of all that spare time you'll have in Spring.
Madam Butterfly is gorgeous and your room is looking very good :)

Allie-oops Designs said...

GREAT shelves!!!! Gosh everything looks so clean and pretty, I adore your butterfly quilt, that is THE perfect spot for it! Was the black part skinny bias binding? I've always wanted to try that. It's almost autumn here and I still haven't done my spring cleaning, lol....you're so far ahead of me. Love your stitching!!!!

sunny said...

Your new room is awesome! Love the bright white, and all those shelves have me drooling. Love your little fabric buckets, too. I would have no place for them, and they're so darling, and functional!!

Chantal said...

Oh! The fun of starting afresh. Having a place for every things and every things at its place. I'm looking around my sewing room and I so envy you. When all is done, you'll have so much time to sew since the cleaning will all be done. Beautiful butterfly. It does deserve a special spot in your sewing room. Gorgeous. Enjoy! ;^)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your butterfly quilt is so beautiful! And you have found a great place to showcase it. Good for you for getting your spring cleaning done early!

Maria said...

Looking lovely and fresh .. great place to play/work in..
Your colourful butterfly is gorgeous, and I like the leafy quilting..

Hope you find your projects that you want to work on this week...

Jennifer said...

Love your butterfly! Nothing like a freshly painted room and tidy shelves to make you feel like getting down to business, is there?

Anonymous said...

Good morning Fiona ,wow it all looks so different painted white,its all so lovely and fresh looking,i love your butterfly hanging where it is ,its so pretty and its like a big painting on the wall. Wow girl you wont know yourself with all those shelves,your coloured containers look fantastic on the shelves.It will be like a new house for you once its all back together,hope you have a lovely week my friend xx

WoolenSails said...

It is nice to redo things and make the house feel a bit different. I really need to move things around and organize the rooms better. Love the butterfly piece, looks wonderful on the wall.

Debbie

Deb R said...

Your new storage room is awesome...nothing better than everything clean and fresh....

Louise said...

Ha ha! No spit here, but a few bugs have made an appearance. I love that butterfly wall hanging! Are the skinny black strips bias tape? It's like a gorgeous piece of stained glass :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looking great! I love your gorgeous butterfly! You won't know yourself when its all finished xx

Jane said...

What a great place for your butterfly, lovely being able to see it from the other room. One thing about putting everything back after decorating, it all feels so fresh and clean

Lin said...

Beautiful butterfly and a great place for it to live. Doesn't it feel wonderful when everywhere has been freshly painted and cleaned. xx

Chrissie said...

Your room is looking very organised, but it is so tiring shifting things about but at least your spring clean will give you more time to craft. Absolutely love your butterfly, lovely to see it every time you pass xcx

Anthea said...

I'm sure you'll settle in quickly once everything is finished Fiona... doing those things certainly is a catalyst for tidying & refreshing.
x

Karen S said...

Lovely to see a finish in sight. It is great that you can start getting things back where you want them. Looking good!

BB. said...

The butterfly is beautiful! It fits perfectly to this place. Such beautiful things should be more visible. I like this style. That suggestions should appear more often. The blog contains great information for me.
ctnbee

Susan said...

Hard work - but well & truly worth it.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your scrap baskets look great there on the shelves!! And I do love the butterfly wallhanging :) Very happy and cheerful! xx

kiwikid said...

Lots of hard work after the painting is done but so worth it. Your butterfly is beautiful, perfect place for it. Enjoy your new space.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>