Thursday, July 19, 2018

When ChooseDay becomes Tuesday .......



This week Helen and Nor made a road trip from Brisbane to do a quilt drop off..... of course I took advantage of that to have some lovely chat time and maybe a bit of chuckling …



There is a fun Danish Flower Art shop just 10 minutes from my place so we went up there for a peak and a bit of lunch, maybe scones don't count as lunch but it was that time of day...

(Thank you for the picture Helen)


Lovely to see you both and thanks for letting me drag along on your road trip day.....


I needleturned 5 little arched doors for "My Small World"... these blocks are 2" finished so a little bit fiddly to sew....  I managed to find little pictures for some of them to fussy cut ...




Slowly trying to do a clean up in some rooms prior to painting.  I lost this stitchery for a few years... but I found it nicely kept between two boards to keep it flat (I had specially got them to act as block keepers but forgot!!!) 




I plan to make it into a sewing machine cover


but in the meantime I'm very pleased to have found it - took me ages to stitch!


Righto, Gotto Go... my job is playtime lucky me.....  I'm quilting roses this week...…







20 comments:

Janice said...

Road trips are always fun. How good to find your stitchery. It really is lovely. Now to finish your project before it gets mislaid again.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Aw sweet pic -and scones for lunch? Great idea! Love your little doors and that stitchery, how gorgeous, and that rose!!!!! Sure wish I lived closer to you, I'd have you quilt everything...

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely friend,how lovely to catch up with Helen and Norrs. What a lovely place to have lunch/morning tea ,lol. What are those pink things on your table,lol i couldnt work them out.
Lovely work ,hope you have a lovely day Fiona xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg you would have been laughing all day with those girls.......

Michelle Ridgway said...

Nice spot for a catch up. I do love your lost stitchery...have never seen that design. Cute teeny scallops and your quilted rose is just gorgeous xx

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a fun day with friends. I love it when I find something I had hidden away.

Debbie

Jane said...

I've got lots of projects kept safe somewhere, lol. I'll find them one day :) The arches are great, love the fussy cutting

Chrissie said...

Lovely to catch up with friends and be ladies wot lunch. Love you sewiing machine and the idea for the cover, too good not to use it now you have found it. xcx

Jennifer said...

Such a lovely rose! Finding something you though was lost is a great bonus. Of course scones can be lunch, they be anything you want them to be.

Wendy said...

I love the sewing machine stitchery! I actually found the pattern for a similar one in with my mum's stuff. I think she'd bought it to stitch for me. It should really go near the top of my to-do list.

Jeanette said...

Love the stitchery, glad you found it. The small world blocks are great. Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to have a catch up with firends and lunch/brunch js a bonus. How good is that to find your stitchery, it will make a fantastic machine cover. Love the little doorways..have fun with the roses.

Louise said...

I'm glad you found your stitcheries! Somehow it's worse to lose things when you've deliberately put them "someplace safe." Your rose quilting is gorgeous! :)

Susan said...

Thought I hard a bit of noise floating down the hill.
I do love that stitchery - perfect machine cover.

KaHolly said...

Oh, that sewing machine stitchery is going to make an awesome cover! It’s gorgeous! Glad you had a nice day out with special friends! Umm, that quilted Rose is nothing short of perfect!

Barb said...

So fun to meet up with friends, makes for a great week. Love your rose.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Catching up with friends is great. It is amazing what you find in a clean up. Enjoy.

Helen said...

The small world blocks are lovely. It’s always great catching up with friends.

Maria said...

How lovely to have spent time with Helen and Nor.....
Great to have found that gorgeous stitchery and perfect for a sewing machine cover.
Cute doors...
Beautiful roses you are quilting.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a great find!! It's going to make a great sewing machine cover! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>