Monday, July 23, 2018

Weekend sewing ....


Over the weekend I put the triangles and strips together for my star quilt....  


It was made using left over Jelly Roll strips from Ocean Deep quilt (plus some extra strips) and of course background fabric 

It is the backing for Ocean Deep which I have shown before.... a double sided quilt.


I just need wadding and time to finish it off - I think it will be a lovely masculine quilt to have

Then I prepared sewing for ChooseDay.  I am working with scraps and make such a mess with them all over that I prefer to have them cut and ready for sewing

This is my little pile - on the Bottom are two BlockHeads blocks and in the packets are the little blocks for My Small World.  I had a few doors to hand sew so I got them done and put in the packets.


TV time has brought out the Dutch Treat blocks again....  this one was quite fiddly with those tiny little triangles ……


I also put in the last stitches of Sophie the Social Butterfly for my Angel Story quilt


Righto, Gotto Go... Monday looms....


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work my friend your star quilt is amazing and the ocean deep backing is perfect,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

WoolenSails said...

I love your star quilt, that is so beautiful. I also love the angel block, you are always doing so many wonderful projects.

Debbie

Maria said...

That will be a fantastic quilt with the Star backing but I don't know which side I like best.
Good pile ready for Chooseday sewing, have fun.
You have more patience than me doing those small reverse applique DT blocks.
Sophie is sweet.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am speechless....it’s all amazing ❤️

Jeanette said...

Fabulous quilt, love both sides. Have fun today with your sewing. Love the blocks. Hugs,xx

Jennifer said...

Star quilts are my favourite.....one of the very first quilting books I bought on "Star quilts" by Mary Elizabeth Johnson. I love yours!

Louise said...

Love that stripey, strippy star! How wonderful to make a truly two sided quilt, too. You are so clever, my friend :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Ocean Deep quilt is beautiful and double sided too! Wonderful stitching on all your projects xx

Karen S said...

Lovely to catch up with all that you are working on. I do like the star quilt. Looking good.

Jindi's Cottage said...

I love your star quilt...can't wait to see it quilted...

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

The star quilt is stunning! Well done!! I know you are going to do an amazing job with the quilting :) xx

Janice said...

How good having a double sided quilt. It looks great. You’re very organised for your day of stitching.

Catsngrams said...

I just got a look at your next post and your quilts are beautiful. I have had a itch to do a scrappy quilt for quite a while and you have got me going! Thanks
Carla

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>