Friday, June 22, 2018

Tool Easel.....


I finally made up my "Tooly Tool Easel" ..... 



I have seen a few made by friends and thought it would be a great carry out to hold the goodies on my sewing days.


I got the pattern HERE.... not expensive when you buy the PDF and it comes straight away.  I do admit to having to think hard in some places... I am a bit instruction reading challenged but we got there....

Isn't this lizard fabric so fun... I was gifted it in a Secret Santa a couple of years ago and delighted to use it for this carry bag...  as you can see I added a few matching plain colours so I could see the pockets easily.


I have started on the blocks for My Small World..... as I said I am instruction reading challenged and these are the second lot I did.... the others were trimmed too small!!! sigh

These blocks are big - 4 1/2".....

These pinwheels are smaller .... 2 1/2"...... I am using smaller pieces from my scrap baskets for this quilt.

I am trying to make a bit more effort on accuracy ... still not getting all the points meeting ... oh well



Handsewing in the evenings with the fire blazing and the TV on has resulted in 4 more Dutch Treat blocks....


I do enjoy the variation in the blocks, some take several evenings, some can be done in one... they are all different.

Righto, Gotto Go......  quilt pinning day ..... and the weekend coming up... hope you have a good one


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely friend,lots of beautiful work you have done,love the tool caddy a great idea and boy those pinwheels sure are small,well done Fiona xx

kiwikid said...

Great Tooly Tool Easel, will be most useful for you! Great pinwheels too, they will use up lots of scraps. Loving your DT blocks, such intricate work.

Susan said...

Love your tooly - I enjoy mine but your looks like a slightly different model.
I also experienced challenges with My Small World - reminds me I had to send you that info - sorry!!!

Jane said...

The tool rack looks great, beautiful fabrics

Jennifer said...

Now that is a nifty tool caddy! Lots more tiny blocks......I have a book "Small blocks, stunning quilts" which has gorgeous tiny blocks.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Tool easels are great, I was lucky enough to get one as a gift and it has all my applique bits and pieces in it. Love the blocks that you have made up :)

Helen said...

Tool rack what a great idea looks wonderful. Love your small blocks and DT blocks.

Louise said...

Love your tooly tool thingy! A thingy thing for tools? Whichever, it's so bright and fun with the lizards. And your pinwheels are wonderful in all those colors. Dutch Treat must be getting close to completion as well. Each block is so interesting and different :)

Anthea said...

The tool tidy is such a good idea, love the way it keeps them all together in easy reach & visible. Great work Fiona.
I love the sound of your blazing fire... nothing says winter like a warming blaze!
x

Lin said...

Your tool easel looks like a brilliant idea and your little pinwheels are pretty. xx

Maria said...

The Tool Easel will be very handy and you won't misplace it ....
Your "Small World " blocks look great using your scrappy fabrics. You'll get better with the tiny blocks as you go.
Oh DT is nearing an end...

Michelle Ridgway said...

They are so useful! Your pinwheels are amazing....more so having seen them in the flesh!

Allie-oops Designs said...

What a clever and useful thing that tool easel is! Perfect for taking along. Love all your blocks!!!

WoolenSails said...

I love the tool caddy, what a great idea for a travel pack, easy to store and find everything.

Debbie

Janice said...

The tooly tool easel looks very handy

Karen S said...

I have seen these tool easels before, but of course have not made one.
Love seeing yours all done in fun fabric. I agree that this will be very useful.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your tool thingo is cool! I've been thinking about making one for a while too... don't think I'll get around to it just yet! Your Dutch treat blocks are looking lovely too xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>