Friday, December 8, 2017

Hello.....


It's my eldest brothers birthday today.  He lives in Zimbabwe and took me and two teenage children to the airport when we moved to Australia in 2002 (Hubz had gone ahead).  I haven't seen him since........ social media does make it easier to keep in touch but there's nothing like a hug - and he does give wonderful hugs..... Happy Birthday favourite eldest brother...

I have done some more stitching on Gardeners Journal blocks...



The stitcheries are all completed now, trimmed and awaiting piecing..... no plans for that just yet though I have the fabrics...


This is the project I am doing on my treadle machine.....


I bought the kit a few years ago and its all colours and fabrics that I love....


The first part making the small diamonds is sewing strips and then cutting them at a 45 degrees angle

They are all cut now and pinned in pairs to make 4 piece diamonds... hoping to do some of that this weekend....


I've been quite busy with quilting jobs but I did do this little quilt for a gift....

It's a very sweet panel and just perfect for what I wanted.....


... fairly loose quilting - around the picture and then some bubble swirls and straight lines on the borders....  keeps it nice and soft for a new bub....


Righto, Gotto Go.... another quilt to be pinned, coffee to be drunk and perhaps I should get out of my pyjama's since I am popping in to the shops later..... 

Have a wonderful weekend.....xx



22 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday to your big Brother. Woohoo finished GJ....don't they look great all together. Your treadle project is amazing! Love that cute owly bubba quilt too xx

Maria said...

Birthday wishes for your big bro 🎉....
Yah ! Great to have GJ stitcheries finished, love the lady kneeling in the garden...
WOW 😳 great new project for the treadle...
A very sweet baby quilt......
Have fun with all your quilting....

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona happy birthday to your brother I hope you get the chance to see him in the near future.
Love your GJ blocks they look fantastic and how cute is the baby quilt it will make an awesome gift.
Hope you have a lovely day my friend and hope you remember to get out of those PJs before you go shopping,lol 💋

Narelle said...

Very cute quilt for bub and love your new project 😊

Janice said...

It must feel good to have all those stitcheries completed. I’m looking forward to seeing what fabrics you will use. Have fun with your treadle project.

Susan said...

I do love that panel - so cute. Lovely treadle project - a big accomplishment to get all those blocks done for GJ - looking forward to seeing it come together.

Christine M said...

Your stitcheries look great Fiona. That new quilt will keep you busy. Love the owl quilt.

Jeanette said...

Love the stitcheries & the little quilt. The treadle project looks lovely. Hugs, xx

Karen S said...

Yes, it is not the same as seeing a family member in person, but I am grateful we live in an age where technology helps us keep contact.
Great work finishing all the stitchery blocks. They look great.
And the little panel quilt is lovely. Good luck with all the diamonds.

Unknown said...

Super stitcheries, and a lovely little quilt, glad you are enjoying your treadle machine. I'm in the Uk visiting Daniel and the girls, so no crafting for me really, although I did make a dress for teddy xcx

Lin said...

What a shame that you have not been able to see your brother for so long. Is he optimistic about the new regime? I love your gardeners blocks, this is going to be so gorgeous as are all the diamonds - beautiful fabrics. xx

Helen said...

Live the pattern and your stitcheries. Exciting time ahead using the treadle.

kiwikid said...

Why not start a new trend and just go down the street in your pyjamas??😆 Your Gardeners Journal blocks look fantastic, love the owls. Your treadle project is beautiful too. I hope you get to see your brother one day and get a hug or many hugs!

Louise said...

Sweet little panel quilt! Don't you just love how fast and easy those go together? Happy birthday to your brother. The internet does make it easier to stay in touch, but it's hard to have family be so far away. Looking forward to seeing the GJ blocks all together :)

KaHolly said...

You’ve certainly been a busy girl!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Happy Birthday to your brother... it's so hard when family is so far away, especially on special occasions... love all your stitching and the owl wallhanging is sooo cute! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

happy birthday to your brother...........
I do like the quilt you have started.......very nice.........

Pidgeon Patch said...

Happy Birthday to your big brother... and take care... love love love your stitchery's...

Raewyn said...

I'm sure your brother sensed the hugs over all those miles :-) Love what you are doing on your treadle! Your garden stitcheries are lovely - it doesn't seem to have taken you long to finish them all? The panel has made a sweet quilt - love those ones that don't take too long - nice for a change!

Barb said...

Oh what fun stuff...love the stitching

Jindi's Cottage said...

Loving your Gardeners Journal so far, your stitcheries are lovely...how fun to play on a treadle, great project for it...x

Sheila said...

Your Gardner's journal quilt is going to be amazing , such lovely stitching. I am impressed with your work on the treadle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>