Monday, November 4, 2013

Block Swap Quilt......

I have participated in the Block Swap hosted by Sue for a couple of years and have a bit of a collection of blocks!!!

I managed to make up the flimsy some time ago (I had requested Wonky Square Eye Spy blocks) and added some rainbow charms to the sides to widen the top and now I have done the quilting and binding... so it is a finished UFO for me.....


People who contributed to this quilt by swapping blocks with me are....

Beatrice, Raelene, Terry
Maria, Bobbi, Maria
Marie, Crafty, Teresa
Anorina, Sue, Sheila
Michell, Jolanda, Sylvia

Thank you to all of you.... a really fun quilt ...

There are a couple more blocks that weren't included in this quilt and I plan to make cushions with them.....

I learnt a new FMQ swirl which I used for on this..... was relatively quick to do  and I like the result...


 ... can see them easier and get an idea of size of the swirls from this picture on the back...


.. what do you think of this fun backing... an almost new doona cover I found in the op shop....
(which also provided the fabric for the binding - and there is still enough for another quilt!!)


The block swap is a great way to start a collection of blocks - thanks Sue for hosting this fun swap
(now to get those Churn Dashes together!!!)

Righto, Gotto Go..... there is fun to be had......

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow it looks wonderful Fiona and so bright and happy,love your new swirls,well done my friend.xx

marina said...

gorgeous quilt so bright and happy!
what a great way to back the quilt with your thrifted doona cover.
well done to all the contributors too.

Jeanette said...

Bright & gorgeous. Hugs, xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Such a wonderful and bright Quilt Fiona and such a fun back. Love the quilting also. hugs

Susan said...

Great quilt. The locks all look like they belong together. A lovely bright quilt for your grandchildren to enjoy.

KaHolly said...

Wow! Couldn't have come out better if it was all preplanned!! Love it! Am loving your quilting, too. Did you do that on your domestic machine?? It's perfect for this quilt and very well done!

Chrissie said...

What a lovely colourful quilt and great quilting.

Shari said...

Very pretty quilt. Love your FMQ..one day soon I hope to work up the courage and attempt FMQ.

Cheryll said...

I love it... I collected eye spy fabric and may just steal your idea of wonky blocks! It looks fantastic Fiona! :)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Fiona! What a cheerful quilt you've created! I especially like the side bits wiht the black between ... the look like licorice allsorts. :0) And your getting to be so darn clever with your quilting ... well done, you! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Elyte said...

The wonky I spy quilt looks fun and happy with lots of interesting things to find. Good thinking re-using the doona cover.Your quilting is looking very professional.

Joanna said...

That is a beautiful and colorful quilt and your quilting is lovely. You have such a pretty banner on your blog.

Susan said...

What a fun way to get blocks for a quilt - looks great all done (& dusted!!!)

RandR Serenity said...

Yah, I found the block I made :-)
We do love the rush of starting a project don't we :-)
Not sure which it better, the rush of starting or the big sigh of accomplishment when we finish one!
44 is a great effort!!!!
Love the blocks you put together into the great quilt.
I must look at doing some of mine...
Hugs

Marilyn said...

Your swirl quilting looks good, and suits the quilt. A very colourful quilt - are you keeping this one or does it have a new home to go to?

Linda said...

Great quilt! I love the big swirl quilting. Great job.

Maria said...

Fabulous quilting on your Swap Block Quilt...

Googy Girl said...

Wow really bright and colourful, looks fabulous .....smart idea with the doona

Sheila said...

It looks wonderful Fiona , funny when I first started reading and I wondering if I had sent you a block , somewhere deep in my little ol brain I remember making a wonky block . Great quilt and great quilting , perfect backing too! Hugs Sheila

Michelle Ridgway said...

Fun quilt Fiona and great upcycling for the backing. Your swirls are great...clever girl x

Mistea said...

What a bright and cheerful quilt from all those wonderful blocks your friends made.
Love your backing. Cool quilting.
Enjoy your fun.

Sandra :) said...

That's a GREAT quilt - I love wonky (I'm really good at it - even when I'm not trying!) :D Love the bright fun colours and quilting - great find for the backing, too!

Jane said...

Oh, wow, this is stunning. The colours really sing out. How lovely to look back and remember who contributed to the quilt

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a 'fun' quilt Bubz...

Karen said...

A fun and colourful quilt. Great way to collect blocks. Great work with the quilting.

Noela said...

A wonderful bright quilt Fiona. You have been busy this year so many UFO finishes. Hugs......

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Fantastic quilt Fiona....so bright and happy! A good find was too at the op shop!

Anthea said...

LOVE IT! Great job putting them all together Fiona, and everyone has sewn such fun blocks x

Raewyn said...

A fun quilt!! Great quilting. I haven't really tried an allover quilt design yet - looks like you have it well mastered!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>