Thursday, October 8, 2026

2nd week of October


Last week we went through to Brisbane to visit Debs in hospital (she is now back home - YAY) ... and we sneaked in a cuppa with Michelle to drop off some quilts I had quilted for the Sunday Stitchers.... long ago and they have been sitting in my cupboard forgotten till I did a tidy up!!!

My birthday was earlier in the year and Michelle had said she was waiting to see me as she didn't want to post my gift.... well this was our first physical get together of the year!!!

A fabulous Galah picture on some fenceposts which are just down from where I live... it's just perfect and I love these silly pretty birds....  they really do behave a bit silly but they are very pretty in their pink and grey


There was also a lovely little plate - we are both a bit sentimental so this was a lovely surprise....


This week I have been carrying on with quilting my snowglobes when I have had a chance....


I am custom quilting the blocks in the different colours.  I specially don't want the quilting to show up too much so the stitcheries/applique can be the highlight...... 


.... so a lot of changes of threads and stop and starts as well as moving the quilt back and forth ... but I'm happy with how it is coming together


The King Parrots have been regular visitors lately, it is dreadfully dry around here and I think they are struggling to find food in the wild....so they like getting a few sunflower seeds from us...

When they think we are not listening out for them Mr has been coming up and calling from the doorway!


I have done a few more Sashiko blocks..... this really is turning out to be a looooooong term project and I'm not even half way yet.....


Thoroughly enjoying my Tilda Ginger Jars applique ......


One done.... 8 more to go!

Righto, Gotto Go.... I can get a bit more done of that quilting before I need to think about something to eat tonight .....

Have a lovely week...... xx









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>