Monday, October 28, 2024

End of October

 I'm doing a bit of catch up today...... have had a busy couple of weeks...

I have been continuing to join my field journal hexagons..... happy with how they are looking


I am at the half way point now, except I will make half hexagons to go on the top row to straighten it out.... (the same on the bottom)


I finally bound this panel I quilted ages ago when I was trying some new to me quilting.... 


Not very big and has a sleeve to hang


Scraps continue to be chopped, I have a small pile still waiting to be pressed and chopped but my little scrap baskets all got a wash and air dry....


Cleaning up I found these little quilts which I finished some time ago and don't think I posted about them....

I started them when little ones were needed for a charity,  they will do for little pictures or table mats - I will see if they are needed somewhere....



A week away - moonlight over the ocean .....


We stayed on the South Coast and had a couple of ferry trips to Coochiemudlo Island (at the moment public transport is 50c) so it's a bit of a novelty for us.

Saw the Curlews (last year I made a postcard to send off to help preserve their habitat)


Fun yarn bombing on the island - it is an easy walk around the whole island.... you can see boats in the background... there were so many boats and yachts there



The main reason for the trip was to watch the giant Widget in National Touch Rugby games. 9 games altogether and 2 evening training sessions - so a big week.


Nail-biting last game which Queensland won...... a bit exciting


In between games we went to see the lighthouse and wanted lunch at Queenslands oldest licenced pub (built in 1851)  but it is closed for renovations....


Also had an afternoon catch up with Susan and Michelle which was lovely  and sped by too fast. 

... and of course had an evening walk ending with fish and chips....


I took my knitting and got 10 squares done over the week......


So there we have it, fun fun fun...

Righto, Gotto Go, quick trip to town to buy some dressmaking fabric....

Have a lovely week....xx





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>