Thursday, August 24, 2023

Fourth week of August


The lovely Spring weather is upon us.... cool nights and glorious days (though some of them are a bit windy)

A little while ago I showed string QAYG blocks I was working on for the club's Community Quilts.... I delivered 30 completed blocks..... these now need to have the sashing to join.


And I went to the last Mystery Quilt sewing day and then came home and finished off the quilt top....

Of course this still needs to be quilted and bound.....  another top for Community Quilts....


Another set of Field Journal hexagons have been self bound....


and some other hexagons sewn together to form a panel... these are 1 1/4" and only 22 of them were needed...


plus a teeny weeny one made with 3/8" hexagons.... I even fussy cut!  Very cute but I don't want to do lots of them!


And a little stitchery ...... I like the look of the flower with the satin and back stitch and also the fill in back stitch leaves...


As I promised myself I have taken out the top border for Civil War Bride..... I haven't finished all the flowers yet.. (half way is up to those blue wannabe birds) then they have centres and there are lots of leaves to add... so it will take a while....


Righto, Gotto Go..... Thursday to enjoy....

Have a lovely rest of the week .... and weekend....



12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my - there is enough there to keep you busy for a while, isn't there!

loulee said...

Brrr, still winter here in NZ. Your hexies are lovely, everything looks good, I need to make a stripper quilt.

kiwikid said...

You have been busy Fiona, so many lovely projects! Those tiny hexagons sure are tiny!!

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects. Love the mystery quilt. Cute little hexagon.

Lin said...

Your string blocks look great and the Mystery Quilt has an interesting design which I like. Lovely hexies, of course, and the embroidery is gorgeous. Good to see CWB again. Thursday just starting for me and rain is promised. Autumn is round the corner although not with us yet! xx

Chantal said...

So many pretties to look at in this post. I love them all but your tiny hexie flower takes the prize. I also love the one with the watering can. I don't know what exactly, but I just find it so charming. Awesome work all around! Enjoy! ;^)

Jeanna said...

Love your hexies, Fiona. And your embroidery is stunning!

Maria said...

Great job with the string blocks and community top.
Cute teeny hexies and FJ ones.
Slowly your getting the CWB border done.

Karen's Korner said...

As always a busy and productive time in the sewing room. Love those tiny hexies.

Ondrea said...

I looove those hexies and the colours you chose. Very pretty. Another lovely quilt top and your FJ hexies are beautiful as always. I really love your FJ project. I am tempted to find the patterns and make some myself.

Karen S said...

Wow, you have been busy with all the strip blocks and the mystery quilt.
And embroideries as well!
lovely to see.

Janice said...

They are all looking good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>