Thursday, March 23, 2023

Going into the last week of March....


Woohoo... a big finish for me this week....

This top was made in 2019 and over the last few months I have been trying to spend a bit of time quilting it on my Sweet Sixteen....

Quilting was finished last week and over 4 evenings I got the binding hand sewn down....

It's too long to hang on the wall properly..... finished at 95 x 83"


It was a kit from a destash site I had in my cupboard for a few years.... someone may know the name and date for this French General range....  I love the colours.


and different elements to the quilt, hand stitching, applique, mini piecing...


fussy cut framing of gorgeous fabric.....


and lots of opportunity for fun quilting....


As you can see it is a good fit for our Queen size bed


I had a lot of fun with the quilting... as usual that is seen better on the back!!


Sewing day with the girls and a couple of evenings has resulted in a couple more hand stitched blocks for Field Journal....


I do love the variegated thread colours that comes with the series...



... and some progress has been made on the backpack.....  hoping to get this together over the weekend....


Righto, Gotto Go... I need a coffee after all that showing off.....

Doesn't one get to start a new project when one is finished????  

Have a lovely weekend everyone.... xx



22 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your quilt is stunning. Love the colours. Fj blocks are lovely & look forward to seeing the finished backpack

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! Absolutely gorgeous quilt and beautiful quilting Fiona! Cute stitcheries and can't wait to see the backpack! Enjoy the coffee, I'm ready for a cuppa!

Jennifer said...

Well done on your beautiful finish - a big pat on the back from me!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful finish of your FG quilt, Fiona. Well done on moving it off the ufo pile :-) The Field Journal are extra nice too - you are right, the variegated thread is a lovely touch.

Jeanna said...

Gorgeous quilt, Fiona. The quilting is stunning. And yes, have you heard the newest commandment? One must starteth a new project when one has finisheth a project. (or something like that!)

Chantal said...

Congratulations! Wonderful Work! All the different styles of quilting do show up well on the back. Wow! Great job on those FJ flowers too. Love the petals on the second one. Haven't seen that before. Cute! enjoy! ;^)

Chantal said...

Oops, I meant the leaves on the second one.

Karen's Korner said...

That quilt is just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what your next project is.

Julie said...

That is a stunning quilt Fiona! And I would be chuffed to be finished it too. Like you I love the colours & the different elements in the quilt. And your quilting is - as always - perfect 👌😊. It looks amazing on your bed!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Absolutely stunning Fiona! The fabrics are gorgeous not to mention the quilting. Very sweet CGT blocks. Of course you do...it's the rule....one out...one in lol!

loulee said...

A beautiful finish.

Susan said...

The quilt looks lovely - the quilting is very detailed and gorgeous.
Definitely start a new project - and the backpack is nearly ready - so start two!

Lin said...

Stunning finish Fiona. Gorgeous fabrics and, of course, beautiful quilting. xx

kiwikid said...

Yes you most certainly do!! Your quilt is stunning Fiona. Loving your quilting.

Cheryll said...

WoW... I LoVe it as it's gOrgeOus... xox

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona omg your quilt is amazing ,I love the French general fabrics and how good does it look on your bed ,well done my friend 🌹🤍🌹

WoolenSails said...

That quilt is stunning and it looks beautiful on the bed. Fun to catch up on all the projects you have been working on. I need to organize my time better, so many projects to work on.

Debbie

Ondrea said...

A beautiful finish. Love your FJ blocks as always. Variegated thread is a fav of mine too.

Janice said...

What a stunning quilt. Your quilting really adds to it. I think the fabric range may be Pom Pom de Paris. As always, I love your little CGT stitcheries.

Barwitzki said...

Yes, it's wonderful to start a new project... and it's even more wonderful to finish one.
Your quilt is beautiful... words fail me... I love it. I congratulate you on the completion of this great work.
Have fun embroidering flowers... :-))
and many greetings to you from Viola.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Fiona, this quilt is so beautiful, I’m in awe of your sewing skills. What a beauty on your bed. This will be a family heirloom!

Karen S said...

Wow, that is a wonderful finish.There is so much work in your quilt.
Well done getting to the finish line.
And of course the field journal blocks are gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>