Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Finishing Up The Year ....

Amongst my tidy up/sorting for the year I found I hadn't posted a few things this year.

This top is recently made and all out of the scrap bins.


I'm really happy with it and most likely will do something like this again.... great for using up lots of those smaller pieces... 


I didn't get as far as I had hoped with Civil War Bride this year - I had hoped to have all these blocks done and be starting on the borders....


I made Pop Star with friends this year using a Tilda fat quarter pack I had with some background and shadow fabric...


In fact there was enough fabric to make 2!  These two tops are waiting to be finished!


Sunday Stitchers kindly invited me to join them in a sweet little foundation pieced project.  People made a bunch of the same 'friend', wrote the name and then they got shared out.  I have put my circle together but still undecided as to what to make with them....


Over the last few weeks I have done a few more Field Journal blocks.....






I have a plan now for the shirt quilts (shirts given to me in UK pre-owned by son and daughter in law to make quilts for their 2 daughters)

I will make one in this broken dishes block...


and the other in square in a square block (maybe there is a formal name for it)  There is a mix of colours so each block will be different...


These are the decorations I made this year - I made 20 altogether ....


Today sewing with friends I hand sewed down the binding for this Granny Square quilt.  I used a French General range Jelly Roll and some plain solid....


The top was made in 2019 and so it's been waiting in the quilting queue for a while....


Close up of the quilting I did....


Grey Toile backing ..... just right...


I have updated my pages, and done some counting.  This last year I really wanted to make progress on my too long list of UFO's which included a number of quilt tops that needed quilting..... 

Pleased to say I got 21 quilts done... many of the tops had been done previously but there were a few new ones this year.    These are shown HERE on this page if you are interested.....

Righto, Gotto Go.... still sorting the UFO's to make  my list for next year..... I pretend it helps to keep me on track!

Wishing you all the best for 2023 ..... 




16 comments:

Jane said...

lovely to look back on what you've been able to accomplish. I look forward to seeing all your projects in the year to come

Janice said...

That’s a pretty good effort. Such a nice variety too. I think your scrappy quilt is one of my favourites. What pattern did you use? Have fun planning for 2023.

Jennifer said...

Loving your last 'shows' for the year, Fiona! That scrappy top is a great pattern, for sure.

Lin said...

Lots of catching up here Fiona! I love the French General one. Happy 2023. xx

Kathleen said...

Wow! You have been productive. Everything is beautiful.

Is there a pattern for the scrap quilt? (First photo here).

Kathleen said...

Wow - you have been productive! All are beautiful.

Is there a pattern for the scrap quilt? (First picture on this post). Or measurements?

loulee said...

You have been very busy this year. Here's to another busy year in 2023.

Jeanette said...

Lots of lovely finishes & projects. The scrappy quilt is a really great idea. Is there pattern? I just realised that i'd forgotten to tell you thanks for the cute little decoration.

Terry said...

I love that first quilt top...I may have to make something similar to use up some of my scraps! :0)

Astrid said...

You have accomplished a lot this year! Beautiful quilts, love the scrappy one (first photo). Love the ornaments too, we used to make them for our Christmas tree (Norway) when I was a kid.

kiwikid said...

Another busy year for you, looks like you have two more blocks to go on the Civil War Bride, you have done well. Love the first scrappy quilt. Thank you for the decoration, it is on the tree.

Susan said...

Great work Fiona…you do get lots done…as usual

Love that first scrap quilt too.

Maria said...

Yes the Scrap Quilt looks like a great one to make...
You've done well with all your beautiful projects this year.
Love the cute Heart ornament that came in the post, thank you.
All the best wishes for 2023.

Chantal said...

Twenty-one finished projects! Congratulations! That's awesome! I love your scrap bin quilt. It's gorgeous! You know that I need one now, don't you? Haha. Is this a design you created? Love the twin Shadow Star quilts. I can never get tired of Field Journal. Those leaves are gorgeous! They are all wonderful. Well done with the granddaughters' quilts too. Those simple blocks work great with plaid. Love the quilting you did on the Granny Square quilt. I love the fancy 8s in the border. Wishing you all the best for the new year too. xo. ;^)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, you've done so well with that many quilts finished and a great roundup for the year!xx

Raewyn said...

A great way to finish the year, Fiona...Your finishes pages is looking really good too! Good luck with your list of 2023 ufos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>