Saturday, May 14, 2022

A quilt finish ......


Hubz and I met up with some of the UK family in Bali in 2015 - it was a lovely time together.  I did get an afternoon at a fabric shopping area and luckily had taken a list of quilts that I wanted Bali Batik for (there is just so much it would have been totally overwhelming for me)

At a retreat in 2016 I made the top using a pattern using the Quick Curve Ruler.

During the Christmas break I quilted it and now it is bound ..

80" square so quite big....


The wiggly stuff in the big areas gives lovely texture...

I played a bit in the pieced areas...


gives a bit of a different texture....


I found the perfect wideback someone was destashing.... 


Good to have another out of the Quilting Queue....

Righto, Gotto Go.... I have the Black and White fabric out to cut and sew and cut again for 4 patch blocks....




11 comments:

Lin said...

I dont remember seeing that one before - although I am sure you must have shown it. It is beautiful - very striking and gorgeous quilting. xx

Maria said...

Fabulous finish and the backing is perfect..
Enjoy playing with the B/W blocks….

Chantal said...

WOW! So warm and simple yet it demands attention as in stunning. It looks so rich that I want to pet it, you know I mean. It looks like velvet or something. In the close-up pictures, the effect disappears. Love it. Well done. Congrats! ;^)

Chookyblue...... said...

That's lovely to Fiona....... Nice quilting

Jeanette said...

Beautiful finish. Love the backing, just perfect. Hugs, xx

loulee said...

Oh that is stunning.

Karen's Korner said...

Great job on the quilting. You are powering along with your machine now.

Ondrea said...

Absolutely beutiful and the backing is perfect.

Janice said...

How good to finally complete the quilt. A great memento from your trip now out of the cupboard. It’s really effective.

Julie said...

That looks just wonderful Fiona & I LOVE how you have quilted it & added the texture look to it. That backing is just perfection! 🧡

Karen S said...

Great finish. And a good reminder of that holiday. Lots of quilting in this one. The texture sets it off so well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>