Friday, February 25, 2022

Reverse Sewing.....

This block is finished for the second time.....


I had thought I would be clever and do it my way only to realise that the block was too short... so I had to undo it and read the instructions.  The birds would look better a bit further down but I can live with it...

This is how it was .....

So now all the main applique blocks are done...


... and now there is some pieced blocks and the sashing to sew.... I had a bit of a cutting marathon mess....


... and I have started on the applique for the borders.... vines with hearts.... miles and miles of vines....


I finished off a couple of little embroideries this week.....


I used to hate stem stitch but now I rather like it.... still working on curves and points with it...



Rain has come... wonderful and wet... perfect day for some sewing.

Widget has Covid... (widget featured on my blog when little... he's not really a widget any more.- taller than me) . he's not feeling well at all..... first of our Aussie rellies to get it.  My daughter in UK is fine now and back at work. 

Keep well everyone,




16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous blocks & cute embroidery. I hope Widget gets better soon & glad your daughter is well. Hugs, xx

Julie said...

Your blocks look so lovely Fiona ... just love them all. Please send the rain my way - so desperately dry here. I hope Widget recovers soon & pleased to read your daughter is well again now. xx

Karen S said...

Shame about having to re-do the block, but worth it.
Cute little embroideries again. Hope the rain was a good amount and not a flood.
Sorry to hear about your grandson. Hope he beats it quickly.
They say we can't avoid it, but I will try hard to.

Chantal said...

Sending prayers to Widget for a speedy recovery. Poor lad. Love your applique. Too bad one of them was a bit of a headache. They are so beautiful all together. Looking forward to seeing it grow. Love the embroideries. ;^)

Janice said...

So much work in all your appliqué blocks. They are beautiful. Your little stitcheries are cute. I’m like you, took me a while to like stem stitch. I hope Widget recovers quickly.

Raewyn said...

A shame you had to re-do part of the block but it looks fine now....the blocks all look great - the red is so cool! Your stitcheries look lovely too - I haven't done stem stitch for a while but do like the effect. I hope Widget has a speedy recovery.

Jennifer said...

Hope Widget gets better soon.....been reading about all your rain, wow! Well done on your work this week.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your applique blocks look lovely, as do your stitcheries. Hope Widget gets well again soon xx

Susan said...

eeek!! reverse sewing?? darn

Sorry to hear about Widget- such a cute nickname BUt I guess he's not feeling cute at the moment - hopefully, he will be better soon.

Yep - the rain has come - but I've had enough now!

Jeanna said...

Your applique' blocks are beautiful, Fiona. And your embroidery stitching is perfect. Hope your Widget feels much better soon!

Chrissie said...

Love the applique blocks, its going to look stunning. Sorry to hear about widget, hope hefeels better soon. Its nice to have the rain when everything is in need, as long as it doesn't last too long. Enjoy your weekend xcx

loulee said...

You're making great progress. Your embroidery is looking lovely.
Get well soon widget.

kiwikid said...

I hope Widget has a quick and complete recovery. Your applique blocks are beautiful, unsewing sometimes just has to be done! Beautiful embroidery blocks. I am hoping the rain comes down here soon.

Karen's Korner said...

You always have lovely projects to share with us. Hope Widget is feeling better soon.

Ondrea said...

The appliques look wonderful together and are all rather sweet. Love your embroideries. Lots of things achieved again.

Pink Rose said...

I could look at your beautiful work all day ,well done Fiona 💕

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>