Sunday, January 16, 2022

Dutch Treat Quilt....


I finished all 196 blocks in October 2018 - I think it took a couple of years to do them all as it was hand reverse applique ....

Then last year I quilted it but this year I have done the binding and now it is a finish....


I used a lovely new cotton sheet for the backing....


I had a peeper round the edge of the joined blocks ... and then added another peeper before I sewed on the binding.... hand sewn binding down on the back....


Different coloured hand dyed fabrics were used for the backs and a soft Tilda was the main fabric


Simple quilting just outside seam lines on the squares and then some ruler work in the border


Finished at 74" square



I'm very happy with how this quilt turned out..... 

Righto, Gotto Go.... sorting out those disaSTARs today.... I think I've worked what happened!

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend


20 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

that looks great Fiona......love the colours.......the blocks really stand out.....

Karen's Korner said...

A stunning finish. Love the backing choice.

Julie said...

Oh its turned out so beautiful Fiona! I just love it & also love the backing you have chosen. Such pretty fabrics .... 💙💙💙

Cheryll said...

I LoVe those peepers... & it's an absolutely beautiful quilt...
Well done...xox

simplestitches said...

that looks amazing! great finish..

WoolenSails said...

That is such a beautiful quilt and love how you quilted it. I wish I had your patience, I still want to do more quilting.

Debbie

Terry said...

That is an amazing quilt! Good for you getting it finished! :0)

marina said...

Magnificent !!

Jennifer said...

Fiona - that is beautiful, well worth the time taken! Do you have anyone in mind, or is it for you?

Chantal said...

Congratulations! So much work went into this fabulous quilt. It will be an heirloom for centuries to come. So gorgeous! Bravo! ;^)

Kathleen said...

Beautiful quilt!

Jane said...

What an amazing quilt, loved watching the progress

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish, it is a stunning quilt Fiona. I remember you making the blocks .

Karen S said...

What a great finish. So lovely to see all that work come to a beautiful finish. All those little blocks are looking wonderful together.
Love your work!

Janice said...

So you should be very happy with how it turned out. I enjoyed following your progress with the blocks. So much work has gone into it. The colour grading really works well too. Truly stunning.

Chrissie said...

Whoa what a lot of blocks, beautiful quilt, certainly worth the time and effort xcx

Rose Marie said...

Bravo .... beautiful quilt! I have tried a few blocks and am ready to chuck them as I find them just too hard to do and I enlarged my blocks to 6". Like, I said .... bravo"!

Ondrea said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Raewyn said...

So good to see this finished Fiona - you are starting 2022 off on a very productive foot! It was lovely seeing you stitching up those applique blocks and now to see the finish - I feel like I've almost made it myself (hehehe). Beautiful! I didn't realise that you had used that Tilda as a background - it's absolutely perfect for it.

Susan said...

It's just gorgeous - I loved watching your progress bit by bit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>