Saturday, April 17, 2021

Sewing with friends......


Regularly once a month is FNSI hosted by Wendy.... and it's fun to link up and see what others are sewing......

I finished off sewing this lovely fat moth from the Field Journal series I am doing....



This quilt has arrived at it's new home now.....


One of the many scrap quilts I love to make.... with an all over wood grain type quilting ....


Since I am celebrating a finish I will link up to Cheryll's TGIFF today..... a fun way to encourage finishes...

It was one of those pick up a piece out the box and sew it....  I had been given a large quantity of ready cut pieces which I used.

Show day here for Friday so Hubz was home, and while he got on with things around the house I quilted up my little runner I had made during the week....

I did wiggly lines up and down the shorter side.....


Today I want to sew the binding on and then I can stitch it down by hand in the evening....  hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have another finish....

Righto, Gotto Go.... I'm off to links HERE and HERE to see what the others got to....


14 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your finished quilt is wonderful Fiona & yes the quilting does look like wood.
Love the little runner too & your FNSI project as well.
Thanks for linking up at TGIFF...xox

marina said...

beautiful quilting on your finished creations.
gorgeous stitchery!

Karen's Korner said...

Lovely detail in that gorgeous moth. Well done on your finishes.

Karen S said...

Your moth is gorgeous. It looks real!
Love seeing the scrap quilt. Such a great idea for all those pieces. And a gorgeous gift.
Sweet fabrics in your runner, too.

Maria said...

A gorgeous fat moth and your Scrappy is lovely as is your table runner.....

Lin said...

Beautiful moth - how have you done those perfect circles? xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful moth, and your scrappy quilt is beautiful. Great quilting on your runner.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Fab scrap quilt. I'm not normally a maroon fan (being a NSWer) but love the look of it in your quilt.

Chantal said...

Oh! That butterfly! What a gem! I'm in love. You do such beautiful stitches. Yay for finishes. I'm sure your little table runner will be done in no time at all. enjoy! ;^)

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your scrappy quilt is very pretty. Hopefully, the recipient loves it.

Louise said...

Your rail fence quilt makes me want to start cutting up a jelly roll and get started! It's such a simple classic and versatile block. All those warm tones in yours are just so snuggly :)

Ondrea said...

Beautiful quilting and lovely embroidery.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful moth and lovely quilting on your projects xx

Susie H said...

Can't beat a great Rail Fence quilt. Good job on it and the runner. Love how you used the variegated thread on the butterfly. Made a gorgeous block.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>