Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Fun with Friends......


I have had a couple of fun projects linking with friends....

A little while ago Maria and I decided to do a little swap with each other - we both have mini quilt stands but nothing to celebrate Autumn..

Look at my lovely mini quilt that arrived in the post yesterday...... I love it


It went straight up on my stand - this little table is in the dining area of the open plan room


I forgot to take a picture of the one I made but it is HERE on Maria's blog .....

The other fun with friends was doing the embroidery designs by Crab Apple Hill during February, I was invited to join a small group which was such fun with chit chat as well as encouragement and ideas.

One bright spark then suggested a swap at the end.  A flower, the words friend and the year.  Susan made mine and that arrived at the end of last week.... it's just perfect and a lovely reminder of a fun month


On Sunday I set it with the others that I had made....


.. and then glued them down so now I have a fun sampler board 


I sent mine to Maureen without a blog but I forgot to take a picture.....

Both lovely little swap/activities done remotely with friends.....  I wonder what will be next?????

Righto, Gotto Go..... normally I am out on a Tuesday but lots of rain happened and is supposed to happen more today so I think I will stay home...

Keep safe....


17 comments:

Susie said...

They're all so gorgeous. Love the autumn block too.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love your autumn decorating and I've enjoyed seeing your stitcheries appear regularly on my IG feed. It looks like a fun project.

Hope it's not too wet up there today. We've had another 100mm predicted here today with a clash of two weather systems. Much to the Amelia's dismay, she still had to go to school today :-D

Chantal said...

You received a lovely mini Autumn quilt. I love the colours she used. It's perfect. I went over her blog to see yours and yep, beautifully made embroidery like Fiona can do. Lovely mini Autumn quilt there too. Fun swaps among friends that we can't visit. Your sampler board is simply fantastic. It's such a different format from what we usually see embroidery presented that it makes the whole thing that much more interesting. Great job! ;^)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Cute sampler board, the fall mini looks perfect in the frame

Janice said...

What lovely swaps. The little swap block suits the samplers so well. I do like your autumn mini as well.

WoolenSails said...

Those are wonderful gifts and a fun swap. I haven't done a swap in years, still trying to catch up with my own unfinished projects.

Debbie

Jennifer said...

I love your autumn quilt! Fun to do a swap.......I haven't been in a swap for many years, can't remember the lst one.

Maria said...

It’s lovely to do a swap with our online friends and Susan’s stitchers sample makes your board a special memory.....

Lin said...

Lovely projects and always good to swap. The mini you sent to Maria is gorgeous and the one you received is too. I enjoyed following along with your mini stitcheries and they do look lovely mounted up. Nice to have a little swap one too. Stay dry! xx

Karen S said...

Two very lovely swaps. Lovely to work with friends like this.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful swaps, always good to enjoy something different with friends.

Cheryll said...

Lovely little MiNi swap with Maria... I so love all mine too...
And a great idea for a board with those wonderful embroideries... xox

Christine M said...

What a lovely mini quilt from Maria. Looks lovely sitting on your table.

Karen's Korner said...

Love the mini....all the colours of the autumn leaves.

Susan said...

Definitely stay in with all that rain - it seems to have stopped for now at least.
I love your Mini - both the one from Maria and the one you sent.

The inchies were fun - though its still on the "To Do" list . . makes me wonder what Miss "Let's not be boring" Helen has in mind now . . .
I have so much planned over Easter - just as well it's 2 weeks ...oh no??? it isn't ?? darn....lol

Ondrea said...

The Autumn mini is lovely. I, too, have a stand that I display seasonal minis on. Which reminds me...Easter. love your postcard display. Great idea.

Raewyn said...

A fun idea to do the swaps; you have received lovely pieces and both look right at home in amongst your own things. The stitchery sampler board looks great - a unique and fun way to finish it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>