Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Stitching Time.....


The Brisbane Sunday Stitchers run a fun UFO challenge which I am lucky enough to be able to play along with them...  It runs from mid-month to mid-month when they have their real life meetings and last month was #1 which was to work on my Wings and Pretty Things quilt top designed by Michelle...


Yay.... my top is done...


I just love it and had such fun doing those needleturn blocks...… less fun doing those EPP elongated hexagons.... worth it though.

Of course it has moved to the Quilting Queue

The next number is 2... and that is my circles quilt...


All the blocks are made and the goal is to have the top finished..... (so it can then sit in the Quilting Queue!!)


Over the last week I have been stitching away at this stitchery in the evenings....


I am not sure what to make with it... an unusual shape...  The stitchery fits nicely in 6" x 18" .  Any ideas???

It is from a set designed by Rosalie Dekker but I have been using them for individual items.  Preprinted and such pretty things to stitch...

I showed you Natalie with my little "In My Garden" quilt.  That was a finish for me this week.

I made it some years ago....


… and learnt hand quilting last year for it..... (I wanted to try hand quilting on a smaller quilt before trying out a big one)



I just love all the different elements, applique, EPP, embroidery, piecing....



Michelle gave me a quilt hanger when I visited.  This will fit on it perfectly so need to get some dowling and ask Hubz nicely to put it up for me....

Righto, Gotto Go..... it's about time for lunch ..... I hope you are keeping safe, sane and stitching......




15 comments:

Jane said...

That will be an amazing quilt Fiona, will you do that one by hand? You will always remember the time spent doing all those lozenges :)

Jennifer said...

Love your gorgeous quilts, Fiona! Your stitchery would make a pretty bolster-style pillow, do you think? I'm sure you could find some pretty fabric to go with it, there just might be some in your stash.

Sue SA said...

Beautiful finish with quilt top. The friendship stitchery is lovely and I can only think to add some patches top and bottom and make it a long pillow or a wall hanging.

Lin said...

Your wings tops is beautiful and it will be fun to see all your circles together. I think I would just frame friendship - maybe with a narrow border - and hang it near the front door. Lovely quilt finish. xx

Chantal said...

Yes, well worth it. Those elongated hexagons fence everything in so nicely. Love, LOVE the butterflies in the corners. Lovely touch. Congrats. It's so fabulous! For the little friendship banner I would to a row-by-row wall hanging with pieced rows and maybe one or two other embroidery. A little bit like the quilt following it. Some of this and some of that kind of wall hanging. Anywho! That's my twopence. BTW I love that last quilt. ;^)

Louise said...

I love the saying on that last photo! "Plant the seed, say hello..." That's how friendships form, indeed. Wild and Pretty is just amazing! The colors, the pretty appliques...even those darned hexagons. It all came together wonderfully! Now for the quilting. OK, maybe not NOW, but someday? Soon? :)

Karen's Korner said...

There are some gorgeous projects being moved along here.

Cheryll said...

Your quilt will make a wonderful wall decoration... & gOOd luck with the #2 challenge this month... xox

Janice said...

Well done on getting your top finished. It really is lovely. This month’s goal should be easy to achieve. As for your stitchery. I was initially thinking to make a mini to hang by the front doo, but I like Jennifer’s idea of a sucking cushion. The hand quilting is sonice on your pretty quilt. Will you hand quilt Wings? Hand quilting would really suit it. (Says me who never hand quilts anything.)

Jeanette said...

Wings is gorgeous. Love it. Have fun putting your circles quilt together. I's make a small hanging out of your friend ship stitchery on a nice metal hanger. Hmmm the Natalie Bird one of mine is still in pieces somewhere, must find it & finish it off. Yours looks beautiful. Hugs,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful work a nd you have given me the push I needed to get cracking on mine. It will be Nice to work on your pretty circles again. Your Natalie Bird quilt is beautiful xx

Maria said...

Love your "Wings " quilt and it would be lovely to hand quilt..
Really like the " In your Garden " quilt and well done hand quilting it. One day I'll tackle hand quilting.
How you going with your No 2 circles challenge ???

Chrissie said...

Such lovely, beautiful quilts, I especially love the pattern and colours of the first one. Hand quilting is too tough on my hands these days which is a shame as I used to find it theraputic, enjoy xcx

kiwikid said...

Two beautiful quilts Fiona, well done with the hand quilting. How are the circles progressing? Hopefully nearly into the quilting queue.

Raewyn said...

Oh golly, I do believe I missed this post. Absolutely adore your Wings and Things!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>