Thursday, September 12, 2019

A couple of finishes....


Another zippy bag was made which was sent off as a gift...

I made it in civil war fabrics and as you see the vinyl front so you can see which project is in there.... I used Marilyn's lovely free tutorial.... found HERE....


I've made quite a few for myself and use them all the time....

My crochet blanket is about half way through the stripes....  I am enjoying doing a few rows each week...


I spent some time at home finishing off this Thread Wallet which used this embroidery .....


I learnt so many new stitches doing this embroidery....  The whole piece is 8" square.

The pattern is by Leslie at Faeries in my Garden.... so beautiful and I am pleased with my efforts



Here it is opened out.... it folds up into 3 sections.... 


… of course I had to add a little bit of free motion quilting!


… and opened out with a couple of threads popped in.... it will hold 30 all together....


I got lots of help with the new stitches by ladies at the Thursday sewing group I go to once a month at The Quilters Angel....  there are some really skilled embroiderers...

This morning I wanted to spend a little bit of time machine sewing and made a few more sisters.... (actually they took me quite a long time as I sewed the hands to the wrong piece and had to cut more fabric and unpick and resew... what a pain!  Silly me getting distracted....


Oh, and I might have pulled out some fabrics... this is Maria's fault as she generously sent me her templates after I admired hers.... and so now I am making the Bloom quilt


Block 1 is cut and ironed... but not sewn.... I plan to get all the blocks ready and then start stitching by machine ....



Righto, Gotto Go....

My favourite goto sandwich at the moment is peanut butter and banana... (Hubz shudders at the idea of it but I find it yummy)


Hoping you have a lovely weekend... safe and well.....xx

18 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona wow i love your thread wallet and your crochet blanket looks awesome.
I love the pouch you sent to Michelle what a beautiful gift and your sister blocks are very cute,well done my friend and yep i love peanut butter and banana sandwiches,enjoy xx

KaHolly said...

I love pb&b sandwiches, too! You’ve been so busy! That wallet is amazing. Your sisters blocks are looking good, too! I sewed a few hands on the wrong pieces once or thrice, myself. I’ll just bet those project bags come in handy. Michelle is a lucky girl. And so are you! Your posy block is adorable.

Jennifer said...

Haven't tried pb and banana, but I do like pb and honey! Love your finishes, your African fabrics are so vibrant. Interesting crochet stitch - dc or htr?

gracie said...

Love each of your projects.

WoolenSails said...

I love how the vinyl makes it easier to see and keeps it stiffer, definitely need to learn more about making bags and totes. I do love the variegated threads on your stitchery and it amazes me, how many projects you have going and actually finish.

Debbie

Sue SA said...

Lots of lovely finishes. So nice that Maria shared her templates with you, the Bloom quilt is stunning, enjoy!

Louise said...

Good for you for learning all those new stitches. Keeps the brain limber, right? I haven't had PB & bananas since I was a child. Now I'm craving one :)

Janice said...

You've been busy as always. Another one who has been bitten by the Sisters bug. I love your embroidery. Your rightly should feel proud of your efforts. Enjoy making your blooms. You are attacking the project the same way as I would. I'm with you on your sanger. It looks yummy.

Jane said...

Think I'm with the hubby on the sandwich but I love the thread wallet, it's beautiful

Susan said...

always loveliness at your place...darn about the unpicking.
I've never tried peanut butter & banana - but I do love peanut butter & honey.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love my pouch xxx Yourblanket is coming along very nicely. I love your thread wallet.....you did a beautiful job of the embroidery. Bloom will be lovely xx

Karen's Korner said...

Your embroidery is exquisite. Pretty sisters blocks.

Maria said...

Lovely pouch and such a handy gift.
Your blanket is growing nicely. The embroidery on your thread wallet is gorgeous..
Your Sisters look good after the unpicking. I'm still resisting starting them.
Hmmm !! Enjoy making your Blooms and I like the fabrics you are using...

kiwikid said...

Beautiful pouch and your crochet looks wonderful. I have done the same as you with some of the sisters 😁 Sometimes it just happens!! Your thread wallet is beautiful . Your blooms are going to be pretty. Busy busy in your house.

Lin said...

Lovely gift and the blanket is coming along very nicely. Oh how I love that thread wallet!! Faeries have such beautiful designs. I remember meeting them at the K&S in London a few years back now. Lots of lovely sisters and I am looking forward to seeing your version of Bloom. xx

Karen S said...

So many lovely projects on the go. Have fun with the bloom quilt blocks!

Raewyn said...

Your thread wallet is gorgeous - so many french knots - and will be so handy for your threads. The bloom quilt will be a fun sew as well, I do remember admiring Maria's, and I love the fabrics you have chosen. Another useful wallet - I use mine lots too :-) I was tidying up my wools/yarns yesterday thinking it would be nice to do another stripey blanket - yours is looking great!

Jacqueline said...

Your projects are always inspiring and beautiful. I like your project bag, a great gift.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>