Saturday, February 16, 2019

FNSI February


This Friday was 


hosted by Wendy.... thanks so much

I worked on a postcard …… still got the border to do ….


on Friday waiting at my front door from the postie was a surprise from Sue.... she had seen my lovely Hoya and found a pretty white one so she sent it up to me....  It was so well wrapped that no damage was done at all.... 


Thanks so much... it's going to look gorgeous with my other one.....

During the week I did get another postcard done ….. 


… and I pulled out these figurines to adorn a tallboy dresser....


the detail in them is wonderful.... so beautifully painted


…. even the seam lines at the back of the jacket....


.. they are all damaged … this one has had a thyroidectomy and lost his little nest in his hand...


I'm sure there is some significance about holding a nest... any ideas?


Just look at that clothing … such pretty fabric....

not sure I could cope with the romance of that era... but it is lovely to look at....


Righto, Gotto Go..... coffee is brewing.... then I'll have a wander over HERE and read what others sewed last night....


15 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The postcards are wonderful. I got the materials to make them and did a few, something I would like to do more of. I spent part of my day, dusting, I really need to whittle down my cat collection, lol.

Debbie

Catsngrams said...

I love the treasures I am sure they were hand painted. What a collection. Love your stitching. It looks so neat. The post card is such a cute idea.

Carla

Jeanette said...

Love your figurines. They are beautiful. The white Hoya will be lovely. Hugs, xx

Jennifer said...

Such interesting figurines! I'm not sure about the significance of holding a a nest, but I can tell you there is at least one bawdy song about "the cuckoo's nest". If you pop down here I can sing it for you.....

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the postcards.
Your plant looks lovely.
And I could see you all decked out in clothes like the figurines!!!

Jane said...

Love the postcards and have no idea about the bird nests but I won't be able to stop thinking about it now

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona lovely work my friend and what a lovely thing for Sue to do ,I haven't seen a white one .oh what lovely figurines ,hmm I wonder too what the nests mean,hope you have a lovely weekend Fiona xx

Helen said...

Good progress on your postcards.... I love figurines, great detail.

Lin said...

What a great gift from Sue and your figures are gorgeous. xx

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Lovely little treasures and nice stitching on your postcards :)

kiwikid said...

Wonderful postcard stitching, I hope the hoya flourishes. They are beautiful figurines, I wonder if he was collecting eggs, hence the nest in hand, you know how egg collecting used to be something of a hobby years back? Hope you enjoyed the coffee.

Michelle Ridgway said...

How wonderful of Sue....exciting to have a white one. Postcards are looking good. Old China is amazing....what incredible detail.....always will be a fan here xx

Maria said...

A lovely gift from Sue and sew good it wasn"t broken in transit...
Nice postcards ..
Such beautiful figurines and i have no idea re the nest. Will google it.

Radka said...

Lovely postcard :-)
I look forward to seeing your hoya in flower!
xx

Anthea said...

Hi Fiona, don't fall off your chair in shock, yes i'm visiting blogs again!
Great to pop in here & see all your wonderful work! Congrats on your fab Small World finish, it looks amazing, & so perfectly positioned there above your bed.
Flowerville (yes?) is so pretty, love those Dresdens. Your Postcards Quilt is going to be a lovely one... I wish I had been able to join in with that one, but I just can't commit to much at the moment & of course have plenty here already to keep me sewing when I'm able to.
x

Thank you for checking up on me during my long 'out' from blogland, I really appreciate your contact & support in what's been a tough time xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>