Saturday, November 24, 2018

Double date.....


Friday Night Wendy hosted a second FNSI since there is an extra Friday this month....  lovely to sew with all the others cyberly….

I did do some of my own quilting in the morning …..


This is the tag quilt sewn with Helen and company earlier this year....  I love the little stitcheries mixed with Tilda fabrics so I just did very simple wavy lines on each side of the seam...

I love this backing …… 



It was also Friday night sewing at The Quilters Angel and it was lovely to sew with that group too.... lots of stories and laughter....

I continued with the stitching of Flowerville….


Marion always puts a lovely spread of snacks and then dessert with our cups of tea later on...  

Righto,  I'm off to finish sewing on the binding then hopefully over the next couple of evenings I can hand sew it down....





17 comments:

Jane said...

Love the delicate colours of that quilt and you're almost there! Enjoy sewing down the binding

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great job! I am extremely impressed you have one off your list. Lucky you having two stitching dates....some silly here forgot!

Lin said...

Nice work Fiona - the Tilda fabrics are so pretty. Good to stitch cyberly and with friends. xx

Karen's Korner said...

Your quilting compliments the pretty fabrics.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Lovely work and I love those fabrics - Tilda fabric is sooo nice :)

Susie H said...

Very nice. Lucky you! So many sewing in your. groups

Cheryll said...

Helen's quilt is so pretty and your quilting sets it off... xox

Jeanette said...

Love your tag quilt. So pretty. Hugs,xx

Helen said...

Fantastic to see the end in sight for your quilt, glad you enjoyed the journey with us. Great nights work.

retdairyqueen said...

Your tag quilt is looking lovely and the backing is indeed gorgeous
The food looks good enough to eat LOL

Louise said...

I love that backing fabric, too! It reminds me of my beloved grandmother's bedroom wallpaper. She always had lovely things on her dressing table, lace and glass knick knacks, and a pure white chenille bedspread. I miss her! Thanks for the little trip down memory lane :)

WoolenSails said...

The quilt is beautiful and love the fabrics.
Nice to sew with friends, and be inspired by others.

Debbie

Maria said...

Such a sweet quilt and the wiggley quilting looks great. How good to have it finished.
How nice to have a double sewing night with cyber friends and real ones....

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to see you are quilting a quilt of your own! 😆 It looks great. How good to have sewing time with friends.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Fiona beautiful work my friend,you have reminded me that i need to stitch my quilt together,i love your tilda quilt its so pretty,well done on your beautiful work .

marina said...

beautiful quilting, love those tilda fabrics and the backing is perfect!
stitching looks so pretty. always so much stitching in Rosalie's designs.

Karen S said...

Your tag quilt is looking lovely. And that is such a gorgeous thread on the Flowerville embroidery.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>