Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Little Ripple....


My little ripple is finished now.... it was made with left overs from my big ripple blanket!

I had to buy one ball of wool which I used for the outside border ….. 


 Here is the big brother... which now lives in Melbourne ….


I bought a kit when I was last in UK and Attic24 has this lovely tutorial to help me along (although the kit came with a pattern I did need assistance with what stitch is what)

I have another kit which came back with me.... so that will be another day!! haha

In the meantime a friend of mine found this wool at a local store.... she came across something similar in Canada.  It is quite coarse to the touch and makes up to a lovely washcloth with a little bit of harsh for scrubbing....

It's a perfect little 'keep me occupied in the car' project and this fluro orange one got made on a trip with Hubz yesterday.... (the washer is not getting lost in that colour!!!)



Whilst Hubz was in a meeting I did a bit of stitching... and got a couple more circles done..... this project has been neglected lately …..


Evening stitching has meant a couple more Dutch Treat blocks are done …. these ones are quite pretty ones.... 


That's two little crochet blankets I have done this year.... just need babies to own them... too small really for lap quilts. 


Sometimes I think I'm silly making things for no purpose... just because I can and because I want to use up leftovers.  I'm like that with food too!!!!

Righto, Gotto Go..... have a lovely rest of the week....


13 comments:

Narelle said...

Lovely projects Fiona xx
Just because you can and using up leftovers are two of the best reasons to be creative ... and is great to have a 'go to' gift or two waiting in the cupboard.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona wow i love your ripple blanket the colours are gorgeous ,thankyou for sharing all your beautiful work with us,you are a very clever lady my friend ,hope your week is a good one xx

Jane said...

Then there must be a lot of strange people about as that's what I do as well. Now you've got one UFO done, you'll have to pick another :D

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love your ripple blankets! I want to tackle one, one day... think I will need some help though...! Also love those scrubbies.. I need to look out for some of that yarn... xx

Janice said...

That took you know no time. I bought some wool to make a ripple cushion cover when Lucy first came up with the pattern. Still on the “To Do” list. I did make a scarf using the stitch. Good to see more progress on your other projects. I think it is a great idea to make projects using your leftovers. It often brings on extra creativity to make them work.

Jeanette said...

Love your projects. The scruffie wool looks interesting. I should see if i can find some & have a go at knitting it into a washcloth. Hugs,xx

Karen S said...

Lovely finish on the ripple blanket. It is gorgeous. great way to use up the leftovers.
Good to see the blocks continuing. They must be steadily growing along.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Fiona looks great. Great use of left overs.

Raewyn said...

I love your ripple Fiona....I can so relate; making things for no other purpose than making something and using up leftovers. The Dutch Treat blocks are beautiful...you must be so close to finished now..?

KaHolly said...

Very sweet! I love Attic24! Each Dutch Treat Block is as delightful as the one before!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'm glad you are getting back to the circles. I bought the Dutch Treat book when it first came out and have been planning on starting ever since then! Needless to say, it's been a long time.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your beautiful ripples! Your circles are looking good and you really are on the down hill run with Dutch Treat....an amazing effort! I think it is wonderful that you use and repurpose. Much easier to find a home for finished projects than left over supplies I think xx

Lin said...

Lovely little blankets - the doing is the main thing. And yes, those Dutch Treat blocks are pretty. xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>