Thursday, September 20, 2018

A finish... and some progress.....


I finally finished this small blanket which has been crocheted....


I'm not a skilled crocheter and I had to do a fair bit of pulling to manipulate it into shape... but it will be warm for someone....

I have another I started using up scraps from my Ripple blanket I did last year.... I need to relearn what I was doing but there isn't too much more on it to be done.

After a bit of a relapse I have started back on my Dutch Treat blocks ..... this one has been finished recently.... I am going to try and focus on them for a while in the evenings....


My Tuesday machine sewing saw my hedgehog blocks put together....  There is still more work to do on these, including borders....


I also managed to get the borders on all my Angel Story blocks..... now there are 320 2 1/2" blocks to cut and sew!!! 


Some time ago I showed some stitcheries that had been given to me years ago..... I sewed them onto some background and Hubz wanted to frame it...


 - so now another picture is up (and yes, I know the pictures are all wonky) ...…

Righto, Gotto Go ….. time to put my feet up and stitch a bit ….




15 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your an inspiration ❤️❤️Thanks

Susan said...

Lovely to see a Dutch Treat block appearing . . .and the hedgehogs and the angels and the embroideries...

Maria said...

Nice warm blanket you crocheted..
Love those Hedgehogs , your Angels look fantastic and great to add another DT to the rest.
Your wonky pictures look good.

Sue SA said...

Love your idea to stitch the little pieces onto a background and frame them, so you can enjoy them, but they are protected by the glass. They look great!

Jennifer said...

Well done......making good progress on those projects!

Louise said...

Lots going on, and the hedgehogs are my favorites! Each in it's own little flower :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Lots of pretty projects, and you are making great progress on all of them!

Jane said...

That crochet blanket looks very warm :) Lovely to be able to get your framed stitcheries up on the wall too

Lin said...

Pretty blanket and the hedgehogs are looking great. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your little blanket is lovely. What a huge amount of work you have done for DT! Angels are looking great. I do love your hedgehogs. So cute!! Lovely idea to preserve your special stitcheries that way xx

Chrissie said...

Love the little blanket, I´m into those at the moment, also adore your gorgous hedgehogs, so sweet. I am always astounded by the amount of beautiful sewing projects you manage to achieve xcx

KaHolly said...

Oh, Fiona! You have so many pretties, it makes me want to jump right up and get to work!

Janice said...

The finish line is busy at your place. So much great progress.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona wow I love your hedgehog blocks ,awesome work my friend,well done xx

Karen S said...

Great finish with the crochet blanket. It looks very snuggly.
Both quilts are looking wonderful with the progress you have made.
How good to have the framing done as well AND to have it up on the wall.
Very impressive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>