Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Christmas Quilt Stitch-A-Long....

Michelle produced this lovely Christmas quilt and pattern book.  I snatched up a copy as soon as I could but good intentions have been kept at bay....

Now is the time to sew a new Christmas quilt....

Isn't it just too pretty?????


This is Michelle's book - as well as the quilt there are a number of other projects in it too.....


... and Guess What?  Raewyn and I are going to host a Stitch-A-Long and we would love you to join us.

Chookyblue has kindly offered the use of the Stitch-A-Long blog so we can post our progress and keep encouraging one another to keep going....  Thanks Chooky -


Wanting to start in May - depending if people need a bit more time to gather supplies ....

Please let me know if you'd like to join.....

Holly Cottage Christmas can be purchased directly from Michelle.... details are in the sidebar of her blog....

Although Michelle did her quilt using Needleturn Applique, it lends itself well for blanket stitch (hand or machine) and there is some stitchery too as well as the piecing of the blocks, which are not complicated at all.....

I have a fat 1/8th pack of Anni Downs fabrics - and bought a bit of extra's for borders and background.... this is what I'll be using....


Taking names now... more details later .....

any questions? 

Righto, Gotto Go... planning to do!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea Fiona,please put my name down ,I love this quilt ,how exciting ,I have the book and now I will round up the fabric,love Michelle's designs xx

Chookyblue...... said...

great to chat.......I'm so excited.......

Michelle Ridgway said...

I hope you have fun xxx

Marg said...

I have this book - bought it a little while ago. It is a beautiful quilt. Would love to be involved.

Clare said...

My book is soon on it`s way. Will be checking the box :) Looking forward to joining in. Happy Stitching.

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun quilt. I have a ton of christmas quilts that I want to make, so hopefully I can get a few done this year.

Debbie

In stitches and seams said...

looks like a lot of fun coming your way with this quilt along. I hope all you ladies have a great time with the quilt. Wish I could join in but i will have to pass this time. Happy stitching
in stitches

kiwikid said...

I am sure you will all have a wonderful time stitching this beautiful quilt, no joining in for me this time though, lots of other things to get done.

Lin said...

What a great idea Fiona as it is such a lovely quilt. I shall be following everyones progress although not joining in as it looks like fun. xx

Ondrea said...

Seriously considering it as I also bought the book a while ago. Shall let you know if I intend to join in. Good on you for hosting this. Great idea.

Anthea said...

Another stitch along?! Fiona how do you fit it all in to your days, my friend?!
Sadly I have to say No, but I do hope that you have a good number of ladies joining in & making this beautiful quilt x

retdairyqueen said...

Michelles designs are amazing
What a wonderful tribute to her for you all to make her lovely quilt
Nice of Chooky to offer her Blog More recognition for her

Allie-oops Designs said...

I loved that quilt when I first saw it on Michelle's blog - stunning! I'll be watching your progress for sure!

sunny said...

I would love to join in, but I'm just committed to too many things right now. I'll be following your progress, though! Have fun.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Yes please!! xx

Christine said...

What a lovely project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>