Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A new postcard... and sewing progress.....


I recently took part in a postcard swap hosted by Sheila..... and today my card arrived all the way from Lin in France....

This autumn crazy patch has stamped leaves and so beautifully stitched in gold.... its lovely


Lin does amazing art work with her fabric... I love seeing what she is doing and full of admiration with her lovely ideas...  Thank youso much Lin... a lovely addition to my postcards...

The theme was Autumn and I used some autumny coloured batik fabric and added some of my quilting on old doily flowers...


(picture taken from Lin's blog as I forgot to take a picture!!)

I have done the stitchery for the next side of my Mouse Pincushion....


... and actually put in a zip in the Princess's outfit..... (Christine gave me some 'pearls' to go with it - well a princess has to have pearls doesn't she?)



... and placed the label on the Princess's quilt...


Righto, Gotto Go.... I'm almost done with my crochet edging on my blankie...... sudden cool spell so it has been nice to have it over my knee whilst working on it

20 comments:

KERYN B said...

Just beautiful your princess will look amazing...

Maria said...

Great autumn postcards both sent and received. Love that swap.
Cute Mousey..
Oh the princess will look gorgeous..

Raewyn said...

The Autumn postcards are gorgeous - looks like another fun swap of Sheila's. Love that mouse :-) You've done amazing on the Princess dress, and also the quilt label is awesome - bet she'll love that!

Cheryl said...

Your postcards are beautiful Fiona. Great progress on the pincushion

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona ,love the post cards and that princess dress is gorgeous,well done my clever friend.xx

Jennifer said...

Definitely a princess dress! What pretty postcards......I haven't done one of those, but there could always be a first time.

Chrissie said...

Lovely cards and I love the princess dress and your little mouse is so sweet. xcx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Pearls and Princesses..perfect! Lots of great stitching happening at your place x

Grethe said...

Must be nice with the Autumn card just as you enter another season! Sweet little mouse, and even sweeter is the little princesse dress :-)

Sheila said...

Lovely autumn postcards Fiona , thanks to both of you for swapping . Love the princess dress and of course she needs pearls :-) hugs Sheila

Christine M said...

Lovely postcards, Fiona. I love your princess dress. The pearls just finish it off nicely!

Chantal said...

Beautiful little postcards, both of them. I admire your quilted doilies every single time you show them. So beautiful. Lucky is the Princess who will wear that dress. So fancy. Great work!

Tarnyia said...

Love the post cards but that princess dress is to die for.... gorgeous xxx

Jane said...

You're going to have one delighted Princess!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

All projects are just lovely Bubz....

Anthea said...

Oh my goodness Fiona, the princess dress is too gorgeous, love it!
Great start on the pincushion

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

The princess is going to look stunning in that out fit..well done.

Mistea said...

Wishing I was a little princess. That's one very sweet outfit.
I admire all the postcards, such lovely details on such a small piece.
Enjoy those mice!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely postcards Fiona...and a gal's gotta have pearls!

Allie said...

Beautiful postcards sent and rec'd - and a cute mouse! Love the princess outfit, wow that's pretty and the pearls set it off wonderfully. The quilt label is PERFECT, Fiona!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>