Saturday, August 29, 2026

Last bit of August

The last two Christmas stitcheries are done.....


On Sunday I got to my garment making sewing day and April helped me resize a pattern and make up this pair of Cullottes... I used some vintage cotton, now I know it works and fits I will make some in linen and a pair of shorts for summer. 



I have this quilt on the frame.  Its called "From the Heart" and I got the top together in 2022 (not that long ago)


The first 8 snowglobes are together..... I find the applique a lot quicker than the stitcheries....


Close up of one of them.....



My King orchid is really stunning this year... there are 24 spikes on it



The sprays are full of little orchid flowers...


Close up....


Spring is on it's way, the Wisteria is beginning to flower and there is warmth in the days.... just lovely.

Righto, Gotto Go... off to prepare the next snowglobes.

Have a lovely weekend......



10 comments:

Lin said...

What a stunning orchid, fascinating to look at all those little flowers. The snow globes look great, fun idea. Nice culottes and good to see that quilt on the frame! Happy Spring! xx

Jennifer said...

Your orchid is growing well! That's one lairy pair of pants......

Julierose said...

How nice to get your Christmas stitcheries all done;)) they are really so pretty...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Nice stripped pants!!
Those Snow globes are so pretty. I'm tempted...
Such a beautiful Orchid.

Chantal said...

You worked on some lovely projects this week. Good for you to have the culottes fit perfectly. Now, nothing can stop you! Go, girl!
Love the snow globes. You are doing great progress on it too. The King Orchid is AMAzing!! I've never seen one before so I'm completely stunned by its beauty. Are the birds or butterflies able to come feed from it? You sure have a green thumb. Enjoy! ;^)

Julie said...

Goodness me Fiona - that orchid is just STUNNING!!! I am in awe of all those flowers - how beautiful. Love the quilt on the frame & those snowglobes are so cute & different. xx

marina said...

wow you have done a great job of your snowglobes. I love the curved shape and striped fabric for the base. Gives a great effect.
Your orchid is looking amazing. Mine has managed a meager solitary spike this year and that is after a few years of no flowers at all. Amazing plant!
love the quilt you are quilting. Such pretty fabrics.

loulee said...

Oh my goodness, you are always so busy. I love those snow globes, and that orchid is stunning.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the stitcheries. They look so good as snow globes.
The quilt on the frame is looking good, too.
You must have a good teacher if you are able to alter patterns. That is a bonus.
That orchid looks amazing. Love it when Spring is just around the corner.

WoolenSails said...

Loving your new pieces, the stitcheries are fun and cheerful, perfect for Christmas. I can't wait to see the quilting on your beautiful quilt. I do miss appliqué and hopefully I can get some more done once I finish the ones I started.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>