This week almost got away from me!
I got my Wensleydale quilt top put together..... a few hours of taking out the papers whilst listening to an audio book.....
I've done some more of the Christmas stitcheries......
... and this week got back to do a bit more hardanger....
... which included filling in the heart with 'dove's eye'
We were invited by friends who had been given tickets to a Footy Game (Dolphins vs Eels) which included great seats and a special pass....
... so we went down on to the field for 15 minutes whilst the home team (Dolphin) warmed up....
Really was a bit of fun ...... and we had a good win .....
The next day we visited a Botanical Gardens..... This vine in the 'hot house' was flowering.... just huge and such a vibrant blue colour...
the gardens are beautiful and full of lovely areas ....
... and interesting plants....
The Baobab tree was full of pods. We remembered as children sucking on the pips which are Cream of Tartar....
So many different shapes and sizes of cacti....
We spotted a couple of curlew in this area... they stand completely still and are well camouflaged.... can you spot them????
We also walked up to the Japanese Garden and Bonsai area... there were lots of lovely bonsai but I did like this Azalea in flower.....
and amongst the bushes this lizard basking on a lizard amused me....
After a picnic lunch in the shade we headed off home..... A lovely time in the city...
Righto, Gotto Go, I want to sort out what I am going to sew - I still have loads of half done things ....
Have a good week ....x

12 comments:
Well, I never knew that's where cream of tartar came from! You learn something new every day!
Lovely to see all your stitchings and Wensleydale looks amazing. Those gardens look fascinating.
Wensleydale - Tuesleydale - is AMAzing!! I love the optical diagonal that disappear when I remove my glasses. Just GORGEOUS!!
I love the hardanger too. The dove eyes must demand complete focus to stitch. Wow. Love the blue plant, whatever it is. Enjoy! ;^)
What fabulous plants - that blue vine is amazing, and I love the lizard on a lizard! Good job on Tuesleydale, it will be interesting to see it quilted.
Your quilt top looks wonderful. So many blocks!!
Love the stitcheries, too.
Looks like you had a great time at the football, but the gardens look lovely. Can't get over that vibrant blue in the flower.
You have been very productive Fiona! Wensleydale looks amazing, well done on the finish. Wonderful gardens, that blue flower is stunning.
Beautiful gardens and the blue flower is stunning.
Wendsleyday is looking amazing and I do love your Hardanger. When in doubt, start something new lol. xx
A busy week in and out of the sewing room.
your wensleydale looks gorgeous!! your stitcheries are adding up nicely.
what stunning gardens. that blue flowering vine is so amazing.
I love that lizard on the lizard statue lol
Gosh Fiona - Wensleydale turned out stunning - you must be so pleased! Lovely handwork projects too.
You've not shown up on my reading list again but I saw this post on Jeanette's sidebar & had a read. Sorry I am late to the "party". xx
Dear Fiona, your top is magnificent... what beautiful work.
Your Christmas embroidery is as cute as ever... just like your Hardanger work—I’m familiar with it from Norway.
The football match looked like a lot of fun.
Thanks for the photos of the botanical garden. An artist lives near me who makes clay figures like those... they are fantastic.
Have a lovely weekend.
Viola
Your Wensleydale quilt is gorgeous.
Love those stitcheries and you hardanger is looking lovely.
Great to enjoy going to a game with friends for FREE....
So many beautiful flowers and plants but I wouldn't want to fall on that cactus!!
Post a Comment